Spiral

Fade into Blood Gulch. Church walks up to Tex, who is working on Sheila.

Tex: (muttering) Come on, damn it. (sighs)

Church: Still won't start huh?

Tex: No. But it's getting there.

Church: Did you uhh... try checking the starter?

Tex: (sarcastically) Oh, what a brilliant idea. Next you're gonna' ask me if I tried the keys.

Church: You have keys?

Tex: No.

Church: How do you know so much about vehicles?

Tex: Well, during the training. We had to learn to care for our equipment. Plus, I've always liked cars.

Church: Uhh... training huh? Was that before...

Tex: Before what? Before I was killed? Before you brought me back as, whatever I am now?

Church: Oh. You know about that?

Tex: Well, of course I do. I know what you know. You made me.

Church: Well...no, not me.

Tex: Whatever. Him.

Church: Why did he do it? I...don't even remember when you first came around, you were just...kinda' there one day. It was like uhh... a training session or something like that.

Tex: (sighs) Yeah, Wyoming and Maine. Big dummies.

Church: Well, why did he bring you back?

Tex: You know what Church, I don't know? You tell me. He didn't exactly ask me what I wanted, I just kinda' came along for the ride, I didn't get a vote.

Church: But you were there when Alpha was there. Nobody else was.

Tex: I don't know. What can I say? I guess we were inseparable.

Sheila suddenly activates.

Tex: There you go! Tank's fixed! See what happens when you treat something right?

Church: Yeah. Yeah, as a matter of fact I think I do.

Fade into Maine carrying a white suitcase back to his Warthog.

"Nice work, Maine." Carolina compliments.

"Thanks." Maine replies as he hops into the passenger seat.

"Yeah, subtle as always." York sarcastically replies. "Response team is probably on the way."

Cal points her turret to the skies. "Then let's go!"

"Hold on!" Nevada calls out as he and York take off down the highway.

Several Hornets peruse the two cars. The two Warthogs bob and weave through traffic.

Cal looks back and sees the two Hornets. "We got company."

The Hornets close in on Team A. Six Insurrection soldiers with jetpacks hop off their Hornets and flank the Warthogs.

"Behind us!" York shouts.

Cal and Carolina open fire onto the jetpack insurrections, but they use large trucks as cover to move up. A couple snipers speed ahead and take aim on different trucks in the front of Team A. The other four Insurrections continue to fire.