035.

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
❝YOU'RE HERE.❞

— HARMONY —

AALIYAH SMIRKS at me as I recount what happened a few days ago with me and Jude. I catch myself smiling a little as I tell her.

"It's the tension for me!" She says dramatically flopping back on my couch.

"Did you kiss him?" She asks

"No! Well...nearly." I admit

"Nearly? Oh my God! Why didn't you?" She further questions.

"Because." I shrug not really give her an answer.

"Because what?" She leans forward. Her tactic at pressuring me to reveal my answer.

I shrug, avoiding her eyes. "It's...unprofessional." I lie. A part of me did want to kiss him. If not for that stupid car horn.

"Mhm. Interesting." She side eyes me. I don't even respond I just roll my eyes at her.

Before Aaliyah can investigate me further my doorbell rings. I stand up from my couch walking over to the door. When I open it my eyes widen.

"You." I'm shocked

"Me." Jude grins

"You're here." I state the obvious but I'm dumbfounded.

"I'm here." He confirms with a nod. He looks good. Really good. But then again when doesn't he. I see why he's one of the most wanted footballers. That man is gorgeous.

"In London." I sound dumb. My brains gone. Heads absolutely spun seeing him here. At my doorstep. As he said he would be. Not going to pretend I'm not happy to see him though. Deep down I'm very happy he's here. Missed him a little.

"Yes Simmons. Good observational skills." He teases with his signature smirk. I think I'm really starting to like that smirk. I don't know why.

I clear my throat. No words. Absolutely speechless. This has been an occurring thing of recent with him. He leaves me speechless. I don't understand it. I don't like it. It's scary.

"That surprised to see me gorgeous?" He's smirking again. God help me.

"Yes. I didn't...thought you were bluffing." I reply

"I told you already, I always follow through with what I say I'm going to do." Grins this time. Just as attractive.

I laugh nervously but it's quiet so he can't hear.

"Gonna invite me in?" He asks expectantly.

I step aside letting him walk in and then close the door.

"Aaliyah." He nods at her

"Jude." She nods back.

"How did you know where I live?" I question Jude as he sits on my couch.

"My best friend Aaliyah was more than happy to pass on your address." He smiles brightly as he looks over to her. My own eyes cast over to her.