Chapter 8 The Plan

Shieldy explained everything to Rook. From their plan to steal him from the museum, to the break in, to them nearly getting caught, to them finally unfreezing Rook.

Rook could barely believe it. He was quite surprised, to say the least.

"... and that's how you got noticed by everyone being missing. I am sorry, Rook. I never meant for you to be put in danger, and I never meant to cause any trouble. Things simply got out of control. But, I promise you, you will be OK. Shelly and I will protect you.", he finished explaining.

Rook was very surprised. And very shocked. He didn't know what to do or even say.

He shook and he sneezed loudly. Then, regained his composure. "I must say, young Shieldy, you had massive courage to pull off this scheme, but sadly, you lacked chivalry in your goal. Now, it may cost you and your friend dearly. I understand that you had a noble intention, but, now we are in danger.", he remarked.

Shieldy was depressed. He knew that Rook had a point. He nodded sadly in agreement.

"I know, I know. But, you have to believe this, I did it to get answers out of you and set your free. To free you from a prison and punishment you did not earn. But, I promise you will be OK. We just got to hide you until the buzz dies down, and then everything will be alright.", he said. Rook shook his head.

"Are you sure this will work, young Shieldy? After all, the authorities will get the upper hand at some point. You never know what punishments and plans they may have to offer an offender of the law.", Rook warned. Shieldy sighed. "It is the best option we gave at the moment. Shelly will know what to do, and I trust her."

**********************

Later, Shelly arrived at Shieldy's house with Slurpy in tow.

Slurpy and Shelly approached the two former contestants. Big Orange Chicken clucked as he arrived towards the group, his chicks chirping in the backyard. Shelly was scared. But, she seemed serious as well.

"Shieldy, I was almost caught by the police on my way back to my house with Slurpy. Luckily, Slurpy created a diversion and led the police away. I am not safe anymore. And neither are you."

Slurpy crossed her arms and shook her head. "You two are going to have to stay hidden in your house, Shieldy... with Rook. According to what Party Hat has told me via the phone call I had with him on our way here, he said that an object is searching for Rook and has a master he is serving. His master wants Rook dead or alive, and will do anything it takes to have Rook in his possession."

Shieldy and Rook stared with wide eyes. Big Orange Chicken clucked loudly in fear.

"Who is this object in question?", asked Rook. "Does this object's master want me dead?! Why does he want me?! What is going on?!", he asked in a panic. "Calm down, Rook! You will be OK!", Shieldy exclaimed.

Party Hat, Hot Dog, Baguette, and Pizza arrived.

"Guys, you need to hide, NOW!", Party Hat shouted.

Outside, the police arrived outside the front of the house.

Shelly, Shieldy, and Rook were in danger!

"Hide, hide, hide!", chanted Pizza as the three objects ran downstairs to the basement. Rook sneezed loudly. "Everyone, in the chamber pot room!", he shouted pointing towards the bathroom. The threesome ran into the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom wasn't all that big. And they were having some space problems.

"Hurry, get in there, now!", shouted Shelly. Shieldy glared at Shelly. He was not happy about being forced into a tight space against his will. "I can't go back anymore, what the heck do you think is back here?! Narnia?!", he retorted sarcastically. "Just get in there!", Shelly shouted back before giving a big shove.

The shove was a strong one and it sent both Shieldy and Rook further back into the bathroom. Shelly jumped in and slammed the door shut.

They were hidden and safe... for the time being, anyway.

The police busted down the door. They were in the house! Party Hat, Pizza, Hot Dog, and Baguette were all nervous. They didn't know what to do now. They knew if they didn't keep their friends safe, then they would all be in trouble, and Rook would be taken away and into terrible danger. If an object and his master wanted Rook to be in their possession, then obviously Rook would be in lethal trouble.

The police approached Pizza. They had a sinister sneer on their faces as they did. Pizza looked up nervously, and gulped quietly. It was time for questioning.

"We are looking for a shield, a seashell, and a chess piece. Do you know where they are little pizza slice?", asked one of the officers.

Pizza opened his mouth to respond only for him to be cut off when another officer spoke up.

"Please be warned that if you are caught lying, you will be arrested along with those three objects we are trying to find."

Now, Pizza was really in trouble.

Slurpy was in the other room. She was calling the other contestants for help. Boombox, Big Orange Chicken, Popsicley, Chocolatey, Pear, Scissors, Boat, and Pinecone were on the other line of the phone. They knew their friends needed help and they needed help now.

Party Hat gave a small, subtle signal of "SOS"  to Slurpy.

It was time to act.