Chapter 11 The Last Knight

That evening, all of the objects went to sleep. They slept on the couch, the floor, the chairs, and even on the coffee table (courtesy of Party Hat).

But, one object couldn't stay awake for long. That object was Shieldy. He was so stressed from the day's events. Hearing Rook's story made him think very hard about everything that had happened to Rook. As well as everything that had happened to him within the game.

He had won Brawl of the Objects for sure.

But, at what cost?

He remembered how he harshly rejected Shelly alongside Party Hat to be in their alliance. How he used his Battle Monster card to beat her up just to slow her down. And how he didn't care when at the final showdown, Shelly dropped dead from a brain implosion, and he ran past her without batting an eye.

It raised the question:

"Who are you?"

Was he a good object trying to win for fun alongside other contestants? Or was he a selfish object who was blinded by his own pride and greed to win at any cost?

In a way, he was just like Rook.

He was blinded by pride and greed. With a darkness that overtook his heart.

Little did he know, a harsh punishment awaited him.

Just like what happened with Rook.

********************

"Master, I have come to give you bad news. I had just received word from a group of police officers that they tried to find that dreaded chess piece. But, sadly there were no leads. It seems like this lost contestant is gone for good. No one seems to know where he is."

The master in question turned around slowly. With a glare on their face.

"I don't want to hear any more excuses from you. Neither do I want to hear about the lost contestant being gone for good. You are the one who found this contestant by recreating the show! So, stop your nonsense and START BEING AN OBJECT!!" *sigh* *pause*

"Now, go out there and bring me back that contestant... and bring me those two objects who stole him. For they will pay, dearly.", they said.

The object in question started to walk out before stopping and looking at the direction of their master again.

"I won't let you down, again"

"..."

"I know you won't..., Controlly..."

The nightmare had begun.