Chapter 13 The Prison and the Truth

When Shieldy awoke, he found himself in a cold, dark place. His friends were gone.

Shelly was gone.

Rook was gone.

The house was gone.

Everything was gone.

Shieldy found himself laying on a hard, cold surface. His head hurt as it pounded in pulsing pain. He groaned as he weakly moved his hands towards the top of his head.

However, as Shieldy moved his arms towards his head, he felt like his wrists were being held down by heavy weights. As his eyes adjusted, he stopped moving as he saw his wrists restrained in a pair of manacles. Chains clanged against each other as he slowly moved his wrists back down. Shieldy slowly sat up and realized he was in a jail cell. Completely dark and devoid of anyone or anything.

Shieldy was very scared. He didn't know what was going on or what to do. Being in pounding, pulsing pain didn't help matters much.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?!", he shouted.

He received no response.

"Hello?!", he yelled.

Still no response.

This was a true problem. He was all alone in a cold, dark jail cell. He was hurting and in chains. The fact that he didn't know what was going on made him more scared.

"I... what...? Please, help me...", he said softly into the dark.

Then suddenly,

"Shieldy...?"

Shieldy knew that voice!

"Shelly?! Shelly, are you there?! Where are you?!", he called into the dark. "I am across from you! I just woke up. I was tased just like you. I thought I was alone until I heard your voice!", she explained.

Shieldy was so happy to hear Shelly's voice. Even if they were captured and placed in a jail cell in the dark, all alone, at least they had each other. And they knew that the other was okay. Well, as good as they could be in that case, anyway.

"Are you OK, Shelly?", asked Shieldy as he limped over to the front of the cell. Shelly limped to the front of her cell as well. "Yeah, I am ok. But, my feet are in chains. I don't know where we are.", she replied. Shieldy sighed. "My arms are in chains too. I also don't know where we are. Or where the others are. Or even where Rook is.", he said as his worries grew more severe.

"Well, where ever they all are, I just hope they are all OK. And that they are safe.", said Shelly as she looked over to her right. Joined by Shieldy. There was a door at the end of the hallway where they both looked.

A door that just may be their ticket to solve everything.

*************************

Controlly approached his master. He was proud of himself for finally being able to capture Rook and everyone involved. As well, as putting Shelly and Shieldy away for their part in the stealing of Rook. Which he only found out by sweating the answers out of Hot Dog.

"Controlly, how could you?! You placed Shelly and Shieldy in jail and all of us in a huge cage, just so you could get Rook back?! How petty are you?!", Party Hat protested. Controlly snapped back a glare. "Ooh, this is coming from the object who didn't care about Shelly and her well being and feelings when you rejected her along with Shieldy for her to join your alliance in the final episode of the show.", he replied with smug smirk accompanying his glare.

Party Hat was stunned into silence.

Guilty silence.

Controlly looked away from the loud protesting objects in the cage. Big Orange Chicken clucked angrily as he tried to protect his chicks from Controlly. All his chicks were fearfully chirping. They wanted to escape. Big Orange Chicken was unfortunately, unable to to free his children from their horrible fate.

Soon, Controlly's master appeared. They were very pleased.

"Well done, Controlly. You have done a good deed in bringing the guilty party to justice and for recovering the lost contestant. Now, with the lost contestant still alive and having been stolen and recovered from a museum and the stealers in question, that contestant is now worth double in price.", they said, smugly. Controlly smirked. "I was thinking triple in price.", he said, even more smugly.

Boombox gasped. "No, don't do this to Rook!", he exclaimed.

But he was ignored.

Suddenly two doors opened and Rook-in chains- was dragged in by a group of police officers- the same officers who arrested everyone- and held him up to Controlly and his master.

"What do you want with this guy, sir?", asked the head officer. "Just put him down. He is neutralized.", Controlly replied mildly.

Rook was dropped harshly on the floor before the group of officers headed out. Rook was all alone. And was in danger.

Rook shook and sneezed. He longed and wished for his missing handkerchief. But, he had lost it at Slurpy's house when it was stormed by the officers. He sniffled as he gently moved his chained arms closer to himself in fear and sorrow.

"Please, don't hurt me. I don't want to..."

"Be QUIET! I am not going to hurt you. But, you are going to be sold back to that museum and I will turn you in myself.", said the master.

"Who are you?", asked Rook as he shook and sneezed some more.

Slowly the master walked into the dim light and what they saw surprised everyone. (Except Controlly)

"WHAT?!"

*****************************

Back at the jail, Shelly and Shieldy were trying to find different ways to break out of their cells, to no avail. It seemed like it was a lost cause.

Shelly sighed. She seemed sad. Very sad. Even sadder than Shieldy saw her when he denied her joining their alliance in the final challenge and sadder than when he saw her when she realized that she had lost the whole competition just to her horrible brain implosion. Which had cost her everything.

"What do we do, Shieldy? I am scared. I don't want to be captured and be a criminal."

Shelly felt scared and limped around in her cage. The chains around her ankles severely hindered her ability to move around. Not only did it slow her ability to walk, but it was very heavy around her ankles, making it quite an effort to pick up her feet just to move.

Shieldy felt guilty. He wished there was something he could do to help. Shieldy remembered all of the horrible things he did to Shelly on that fateful day when the final challenges came. Just seeing her so sad and broken only reminded him of his abuse towards Shelly on that day. And how much everything truly has affected her.

"I don't know what to do, Shelly. But, I will promise you that we will get out of here. One way or another. And we will get Rook and all our other friends back. I promise.", he said at last. Shelly slowly smiled and nodded.