Chapter 16 Aftermath and Aftershocks

Controlly was still and frozen for the time being. Then, he finally relented by letting Shelly go.

Shelly was placed down on the ground. She ran once she was released. And ran behind Shieldy, who instantly moved in front of her for protection.

"Don't worry, Shelly. You're safe now. I am sorry... for everything.", he said softly.

Shelly nodded.

Right after, the more police officers from a different unit arrived. They scattered and ran into the building and, behind it, then started arresting the guards and corrupt police officers involved in the attacks.

Hourglass was also arrested.

She looked at Rook as well as the other former contestants. Shelly and Shieldy received her stare, especially.

"This isn't over. I swear, I will come back and I will get you one day! Mark my words: THIS! ISN'T! OVER!!!!!"

And with that, she was taken away.

No longer a threat anymore.

"She's gone!", Chocolatey exclaimed. "Wow, what a turn of events!", Scissors added in shock.

The police came towards Controlly and placed him in handcuffs.

Controlly did not resist. Instead, he allowed himself to be taken away and admitted defeat. There was nothing he could do. He had fallen from his grace. And now he was going to pay for it. Just like Rook had warned him.

"Hey, Controlly.", Rook started. The police officer stopped to let Rook talk to Controlly. "Don't worry, at least you stopped before it was too late to fix it.", he said.

Controlly nodded before continuing on his way.

Soon, everyone was taken away.

Now, everyone was all alone. And everyone was free.

"Can we go home now?!", whined Pear. She had enough of everything that she and everyone else had been through.

Shieldy and Rook smiled. Shelly walked out slowly from behind Shieldy.

"Yes, I think we can."

*************************

A few days later, everything had gone back to normal, and Slurpy's house was repaired from the damages sustained in the raid.

Shieldy and Rook made their ways to the object gathering at Party Hat's house. 

They were going to be awarded for their bravery at the factory and for saving everyone from the dreaded duo and their army along with Shelly.

Upon arriving, Rook and Shieldy were greeted to the sight of a huge rave party and loud blaring music. Along with snacks and drinks all put out on a long table and cool presents.

Party Hat was going all out with this cool party.

Everyone was dancing and eating food and having conversations while holding cups full of punch and sodas.

Then, as Shieldy and Rook arrived, the music died down. Party Hat and along with a shy Shelly approached the stand at the corner of the house and addressed the attendees.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here today to honor three brave objects and their awesome actions to protect us and Shelly from harm. When we tried to protect Rook, Rook turned around and protected us when we needed it as well. Shieldy also stepped in and helped us when we needed it. And Shelly, well, what can we say? You may have been a prisoner, but you are the one who never gave up and protected Rook and helped Shieldy despite being chained in jail. And Controlly was right. We were so horrible to you. So, all three of you, come forward and be awarded your medals."

Shelly, Shieldy, and Rook all stepped forward, and each were bestowed their rightful medals around them.

Everyone cheered as Rook, Shelly, and Shieldy blushed and waved. They were humbled and shy but still so happy with their successes.

Rook felt happy knowing that he finally confronted his past and learned from it. Shieldy felt happy knowing that he has what it takes to truly be a knight despite being a small kid. Shelly felt happy, knowing that she had made peace with her past and failing to win the game and making up with her friends.

All in all, they all made peace and finally received their happy ending.