Chapter 9 Run, Objects, Run!

The officers were waiting for a reply from Pizza.

Pizza had to tell the truth, but he couldn't give away his friends and betray them either. So, he came up with a plan.

On the spot.

"Well, I do know that they are in hiding. But, they are smart and sneaky. They may move from one hiding place to another at any time. So, it will be hard to find them and know exactly what they will be and if they will stay at that hiding place for long.", he explained.

Pizza gave a small gesture to Hot Dog with his hand behind his back to gesture to him to go and have the trio move from the bathroom and sneak through the house and out the back door to escape. Hot Dog got the message without being told. But, Hot Dog couldn't just leave with the officers looking around, so Party Hat intervened.

" Look, officers, this chess piece you speak off, is he the one contestant who drowned in Brawl of the Objects medieval version?", he asked.

The officers turned their attention towards Party Hat and responded in kind, allowing Hot Dog to leave and rush downstairs to the bathroom where the objects were hiding.

Hot Dog rushed down the stairs and found the hidden objects.

"You guys have to go, now!!!!! The police are on to you all. Go and move to the back door, I'll come with you, but I will be the last one out. Now, go, hurry!"

No time was wasted as the hidden objects sprinted out of the bathroom. Rook was scared.

Very scared.

"What is going to happen?! To me?! To you guys?!", he asked.

"Don't worry, we just need to get outta here. I promise, we are going to be OK.", Shelly replied with a small, reassuring smile.

Soon, the group made their way to the back door and sprinted out to the backyard before climbing over the fence to escape. They knew that it was now or never to get away.

Hot Dog grabbed his phone and text messaged Pizza.

"We have escaped. We are going to Slurpy's house! We are no longer safe here."

Hot Dog, then, put his phone away as he kept running away.

Meanwhile, the officers began to look around the house as Slurpy hung up the phone to hide her call for help from the other objects of the group. Party Hat, Baguette, and Pizza were looking at the text Hot Dog had sent them.

Big Orange Chicken clucked loudly as he made his way towards his chicks and led the other contestants who had arrived to Shieldy's house to go to Slurpy's house instead.

Luckily, everyone managed to slip away before any of the officers could see them or find them. Leaving only Pizza, Baguette, and Party Hat remaining.

The officers glared at the trio.

"Well, we see that you were telling the truth little pizza slice, but this chess piece needs to be found at all costs. This means that you and your friends will be questioned in the future and be forced to find him."

Slurpy held her breath as she heard a haunting line from the officer.

"...and if you all ever lie to us in any way, you all shall be arrested and forced to watch as the two objects who freed the chess piece are placed in jail for the rest of their lives, or executed!", he threatened.

Party Hat gasped in horror. Pizza swallowed hard on fear. Even Baguette looked unnerved.

Slurpy shook violently from the room. Her friends were all in danger now.

And no one could save them now.

The officers soon left. Leaving the four objects behind.

...

"We gotta go. Get to Slurpy's house fast!", shouted Baguette.

And with that, everyone left.

It was time to flee. And...

...it was time to fight.