Part 11

The kink was definitely going too far.

Cale stared in disbelief at the ring that Alver just slid onto his finger and looked over to where Roksu was lounging to gain some confirmation that he wasn't the only one witnessing this lunacy.

Roksu yawned as though Alver hadn't done anything strange at all, stretching his arms above his head before cuddling happily with a pillow on the couch. It was around time for Roksu's afternoon nap and it was hard to dissuade him from slacking off in that particular way.

Alver's lips pressed against the ring softly, affectionate brown eyes starting up at Cale meaningfully.

That was the other weird thing. Alver very rarely dropped his disguise while they were still in his office. Of course the room had absolute privacy for reasons of state and no one could easily enter but Alver's enchanting brown eyes were normally reserved for the bedroom.

Alver presented him with a ring without a single disguise and looked at him like that.

It was maddening.

Cale pulled his hand back nervously, trying to catch his wits and trying to understand just what the hell Alver's new kink was going this far.

"You want me to wear this?" Cale asked and his voice sounded a lot more derisive than he meant it to. He clenched his fist, suddenly fearful that he would be asked to take it off.

It was just a stupid kink and he was a fool for feeling this way but the ring around his finger made him feel like the proposal was real and he very swiftly decided that he never wanted to give it up to anyone ever.

Alver stood up with a smile and pulled Cale into a featherlight kiss before guiding over to the drowsy prime minister. "Yes. Wear it all the time." Alver's lips grazed his ear and sent shivers down Cale's spine as he was plopped down into Roksu's lap. Roksu, without really waking up at all, ditched the pillow and cuddled Cale instead.

Cale couldn't get used to this.

He wasn't a pet right now and it wasn't the designated time to have 'human sex' but the lines between them had been blurring more and more lately to a point where Cale couldn't understand where this was going and he had no way of stopping it but despite his squawking in protest, Roksu was sleepily nuzzling against him and leaving delicate kisses along his throat.

Alver leaned down and kissed him tenderly on the forehead. "I have some more work to attend to." He leaned in again and claimed Cale's lips in a kiss so sweet that it stole Cale's breath away. "Attend to the prime minister while you wait for me?"

"Who would wait for you?" Cale replied grouchily, but his thumb caressed the ring as though he was searching for comfort that Alver would return soon. It was pathetic and Cale knew he was getting more and more obvious.

At least if they called him out, he could defend himself that he was just trying to play along with Alver's new kink. A lovestruck royal consort seemed to be what he was looking for when he searched Cale's eyes and Cale was just loyally serving his king and master.

That was all.

Cale's heart pinched.

What if Alver really is looking for a queen? Is that why he wants to play pretend with me...? Practice for the real thing?

Alver hesitated to walk away, lifting Cale's hand and kissing the ring once more. "I'll return soon, my queen."

Cale wanted to scream a little bit.

Scratch that, he wanted to scream a lot.

Roksu chuckled against his neck and Cale realized that from their cuddled position, Roksu could definitely feel his racing heart.