1

[A/N: If you've read the first version or are re-reading this one, please try not to make spoilers in the comments (or advise it with rr before). Thanks for choosing this book !]

Chapter dedicated to , who's made this beautiful banner ^^ and has always been so supportive <333 Make sure to check her works!

..............................

Song: High School Never Ends - Bowling For Soup

..............................

I checked the schedule one more time just in case, but it remained the same I'd been given not even five minutes ago. So I stared at it. And stared, and stared but the damn thing didn't seem to feel like changing anytime soon and I pursed my lips, disappointed.

"So?" Jessica asked sweetly from beside me, nudging my shoulder with hers. "Do we have any together?"

"English, I think. And maybe P. E." I grimaced scrolling through the other subjects and she giggled.

"Oh, come on, they can't be that bad."

"Wanna bet?" I turned the page so she could see it. "I start Mondays with math, Jess. Math!"

She bit her lip and I knew her enough to know she was actually fighting back a smile. "Look at the bright side, it could have been chemistry."

I winced in disgust, me and chem are two things that the further we are from each other, the merrier.

"Gosh. Okay, you got me there. My schedule isn't the shittiest ever."

"See? Just what I said." I rolled my eyes and linked our arms right before we headed down the hallway and into the sea of teenagers, way more happy to starting school again than they would be tomorrow. Guess that's the magic of first days. "Besides," continued Jess "We got two classes together and the Student Council." she squealed in a pitchy adorable noise that got me chuckling. "This is gonna be the best year ever. You'll see."

"If you say so..."

"Hey, Arielle." greeted me another random girl as we walk by and I smiled her way even though I hardly remember her name.

Katy? Kitty? Something on that line.

Ever since I'd get out my best friend's car twenty minutes ago I'd been overwhelmed by lots of warm greetings and smiles everywhere. And questions, of course. I could head them, "Arielle's finally here", "Didn't she look amazing?", "Why'd she come back?", "Will shes still be the same?"

Wow. Never had I expected this when I first knew I'll be returning to Milton High. It has been almost two months since I came back to my childhood house and in this time I prepared myself for facing the consequences of what happen right before I left. I'd been preparing myself for him. But to my utter surprise and relief, nobody brought that accident to the spotlight -at least not yet- and they all seemed happy that I'd come back.

I'm not gonna lie, social acceptation is important for my self-esteem, especially after so much time away from this place. And well, since I'd known I would be in everyone's eye today, I had spent nearly two hours deciding what to wear. I tried to be the cutest and hottest version of myself, and based on Jess' reaction, I thought I kinda make it.

I almost didn't wear any makeup, just the lips and eyes to emphasize their natural blue. Last year I'd suffered a sudden need to change my aspect and I dyed my natural brown mane to a beautiful strawberry blond. The thing is that now my roots weren't dyed anymore and it makes the impression that the color degrades from dark to light. I like that effect and the best part is that I didn't anticipate it.