jealous

tw: foul language

* * *

"So you're using her?" Jennie asked.

"I'm not using her, Jen. To be honest, I still have feelings for her," you explained, your shoulder leaning against the backrest of the sofa as you faced her.

Her eyebrows were furrowed in shock. "Really? Then why haven't you mentioned her to us?"

You and Jennie were talking about your high school crush, Jane, who relocated overseas when you stepped into college. And for some reason, you still ended up yearning for her for a long time.

But three years ago, you met Rosie, and your thoughts of her vanished. Your focus had shifted completely to your newfound love, wondering how you would tell her and whether you would really tell her or not.

That was until Jane visited you the other day.

"Honestly, I thought I had gotten over her," you confessed. "I really thought I had, but when I saw her again, it kind of reopened my feelings for her."

Jennie nodded. "I see. Was she a friend of yours back then?" she asked.

"She was a friend of mine, but two years after she moved abroad for college, I don't know. She stopped talking to me."

She scoffed incredulously. "She ghosted you, and yet you still like her?"

"Well, she said she was afraid of falling deeper in love with me."

"So she fell in love with you all this time?" Jennie asked in a surprise.

You shrugged. "I don't know for sure, but that's what she told me when she visited me the other day."

"But what about your feelings for Rosie?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

You sighed. "I'm not sure, but I've always wanted to date Jane, ever since I liked her," you said.

Jennie nodded. "I understand. And I hope it works out for you. But just be careful not to get hurt again."

You smiled at her. "Thanks, Jen."

* * *

A couple of weeks later, at their next concert, the girls had their dinner in Jisoo and Jennie's hotel room. As the girls feasted, Rosie looked towards Jennie and tried to catch her attention. Jennie lifted her head and hummed in response.

"You're the closest friend of Y/N among us, right?" Rosie asked.

The mention of your name caught Jisoo and Lisa's attention as Jennie asked why before taking a bite out of her dumpling.

Rosie inhaled deeply before expressing her worry aloud, asking, "Is she mad at me?"

"What made you think that?" Jennie asked after swallowing her food.

"Because she acts coldly to me. But when it comes to you and to somebody else, she seems fine. I don't know if I did something that may have caused her to be mad at me."

Jennie let out a sigh. "She's not mad at you. She just needs a bit of time to sort out her thoughts."

Rosie frowned. "But why does she have to put distance between us to think things through?"

"It's not really my place to tell."

When Jennie's answer did not appease her, she swung her attention to the other two.

"How about you guys? Do either of you know anything?" she asked.

"We're not part of this conversation," Lisa stated flatly as she continued to chew on her food.