9. Accidentally Starting a Boyband- 2023 Runner-Up by @DracoandPercySimper

Olivia, DracoandPercySimper

She/Her

Title: Accidentally Starting a Boyband- 2023 Red's Pick Runner-Up

Synopsis: A comedic(crazy)fic about Rick Riordan's shenanigans in Percy's life.

No content warnings apply!

I can hardly see, blinding lights beaming down on me, as if I was staring at Apollo's sun chariot without protection. You should always use protection when it comes to Apollo.

The cameras blink every few seconds, the little red lights indicating we are rolling, live broadcasting this very interview to thousands of people.

"So, Mr. Jackon, tell us? Are the rumors true? Are you starting the new boy band craze with your very own group?" The announcer, some popular, famous, talk show guy with a blinding smile and perfected fake laugh, waits eagerly for the answer.

My words catch in my throat, nerves overriding every system in my body, I hate being in the center of attention, hate being on camera,"Um...."

Wait, this is all too fast. You need to understand how this came about. I mean, it's not everyday that rumors flood faster than if I destroyed the Hoover Dam that I'm starting a boy band.

The day started out normal, a typical day at the beach with my friends.

~~~

"Seaweed Brain! A little warning!" Annabeth shouts as I tilt backwards, letting her slide off my back into the sand.

Piper looks up from the towel she lies on, "You better not drip any water on me Jackson, I just washed my hair."

I inch closer to Piper, shaking myself like a dog. She shrieks as droplets of icy cold ocean water land on her lap.

"Jason!"

"Need your boyfriend to defend you Beauty Queen?" I tease, the nickname sliding comfortably off my lips.

She mock glares, setting down her book and placing her hands off her hips, showing off her newly manicured nails. "No, I can take you Jackson, but I don't want these brand new beauties to chip before the party tomorrow and Jason is more than capable of defending me."

Annabeth sits up in the sand, grabbing her own towel to lay on, "Ooo, those look nice Piper! I love them!"

"Thanks, I figured since it's your engagement party I might as well put in some effort." Piper beams at her friend.

Annabeth situates herself on the towel, her bikini clad body ready to soak up the sun for a tan, "Next time I'm getting my nails done I'm going with your stylist, those look great!"

"Yeah Angelica is a-ma-Zhang!" Piper gushes, "She is so sweet and so talented, whenever we have an event I go straight to her."

Jason runs up, huffing, "Did you call me over to talk about cuticle care again babe?"