13. Will you be my valentine?- 2024 Entry by @persassabethuNICOrn

-HotStuffValdez-, persassabethuNICOrn

she/her

Will you be my Valentine?

A short story on how Tratie probably got together

Features Travis Stoll x Katie Gardner (Tratie)

No content warnings apply!

Travis P.O.V:

I have been in love with Katie Gardner for 3 years. I know her favourite colour, place, thing to do, food, even hairstyle.

I have also wanted to ask her out for 3 years. The problem is, I can't. Firstly, Katie doesn't like me like that, and second, she doesn't even know that I like her, let alone that I'm in love with her.

Every time I see her, I smile at her, and she takes it the wrong way, and runs to her cabin where her plants are to check that I haven't killed them all or something along those lines.

Can't a guy just smile at a girl?

Apparently not, in my case.

My main problem is tomorrow. The 14 of February. More widely known as Valentine's Day. I usually prank her, because that's my way of showing affection- and it's a lot easier for me- but she always leaves without reading the note I leave her asking her to be my Valentine.

So, this year, I've decided to do something different. With the help of Percy and Jason, I have planned out a picnic by the lake.

Percy will keep watch for any lurking monsters near us, and also will tame the waters, and Jason has a daughter of the literal love goddess as a girlfriend. He said make it 'romantic', which is what I've tried to do, but for some reason wouldn't accept pranking Cabin 10 as a date. I'll have you know, Jason, I don't just ask anyone to help me.

And so it will work like this:

Katie will get a secret message saying 'Meet me at the Lake at 7:00 pm', and once she arrives, I'll scare her- I mean greet her, and take her to the picnic, where hopefully I can ask her out to a proper date, and yeah. You get the idea.

However, this all depends on my being able to actually ask her to be my Valentine, and then give her the note.

I can do this. Yeah, I can do this.

I guess now that all that's left to do is wait for tomorrow to come.

Katie P.O.V:

I have been in love with Travis Stoll for 4 years.

It's exhausting, really. Sometimes I wonder why I even chose him. But all it takes is one look at him, and- I'll spare you the details.

But there's a problem. He doesn't like me back. At all.