Havenesith (realm)

"Away west in a fair and green country, I discovered the limitless potential of humankind."

- Eristar

The Kingdom of Havenesith (Havenwood or the Haven Lands), formerly known as Drasgarnia, was a kingdom in the westlands of Sanctum, founded in F.A 10,887. Valuing freedom over all, Havenesith was in the chains of both their former lands of Cerhelia and the Dresith, mighty winged reptilian beasts inhabiting where they sought their haven.

A dragon sighting in the Drasroux Vale

History

First Age: The Kin-strife

Through the decades leading up to F.A. 10,887, an alliance had been growing in secret in Cerhelia, led by non ruling Cerhelians. They had darker hair and eye shades, and were of a rougher and unconforming sort. Oppressed in these later years, the Cerhelian Vow was bent so that the wealthy and pure blooded Cerhelians snuck their way out of fighting and forced the disadvantaged to die for them. The lower class did not want to fight against Zodirion in a war they feared would end in more than death. They wanted the freedom to choose their own lives, their own destinies since the awakening of their free will. This secret coalition was also backed by Valeon and Andomed for seven years, and many of the Faemen and Orchend joined their ranks. These two mentioned realms were controlled by Zodirion and thought that tending this fracture would bring Cerhelia ruin.

On March 20th, the first day of spring, the alliance's leader, Arryn, stood high upon the walls of White Tower. She openly announced the breaking of the Vow of Cerhelia with both Mienne and Lyrei, who had been supplying aid from the east. With rebels on the walls, White Tower was trapped and no messages could be sent out to the rest of Cerhelia. A large battle occurred inside the city for months and many perished. They fought with mere blades, for in this period the lower class was not able to access much magic. Arryn never escaped the city alive and left the leadership to her young son Mirelwen, who was seventeen at the time. Luckily, this battle bought enough time for Mirelwen's host to make it north of the Mian La'etl by summer by following supply posts. With war in the south, King Kesefeon of Cerhelia was unable to stop this treason but swore the rebels would pay in time, and not share in their reclaimed world. But safe at last in the north, Mirelwen, Mienne, and Lyrei established a small settlement named after Arryn just past the borders of Cerhelia.