Valeon (realm)

"A fair country of magical woodland, it was where I awoke amongst them. They learned to defeat the past and use it to save their Sanctum."

- Eristar

The Realm of Valeon (also known as Eristar in the early Fourth Age) was a kingdom in the Westlands of Sanctum, founded in F.A. 10,000 not long after the fall of Vitanien. Valeon was the sister kingdom of Cerhelia and the new home of the Hydrascent people, but was also the half that succumbed to darkness in the First Age but overcame its binds by the sole strength of its inhabitants. Valeon was known for being a land of whimsical delight that overlaid a dark secret hidden within.

 Valeon was known for being a land of whimsical delight that overlaid a dark secret hidden within

A view of Fennanwy in the summer

History

First Age

When the Vitanien Stone of Keyvoria was destroyed, the holy light connecting the gods to Sanctum faded and most of humanity was left soulless husks filled with the darkness above. Only the strongest of humans survived and were "awoken," gaining full consciousness and fleeing their corrupted home that was now called Zodirion. A branch of Keyvori of Hydrascent descent fled north following fading clouds in the northern sky shaped like angelic beings. The Keyvori dispersed through the region, the main host of two eventually taking refuge in the northern fertile valleys of the Rym Ateran by 10,100 to establish the land of Valeon. They were Hydrascent, having hair and and eye colors of rainbows along with elven features, many had freckles, but most striking was their taller height. They titled themselves "Valeonic", although these folk would be known to other realms as "Faemen."

This century of escape was filled with death and destruction, as much of the Hydrascentian survivors were in close range to the abyss dragon Dracol, and saw true despair. There were two hosts, and the first of which slowed their course and hid in the deserts and foothills of the Edrelion Range, building extensive tunnels underground. For a time they were known as the Orchend, the people of stone, but they submitted to the forces of darkness, the Kingdom of Zodirion at their heels, and became known as Andromed. King Unarith was their first ruler but he committed suicide in the deepest chamber of Orchend when Dracol's army arrived at the gates. The second host kept their course and established the land of Valeon, their capital Hydrascent by the source of the angelic clouds, a great forest of translucent misty leaves. But they too submitted to the abyss after a short battle along the Hydra River. Valeon's first ruler was King Serene, but he was slain after the battle by one of the Zodiac as a show of dominance. Zodirion claimed Valeon for their own and moved the capital to Fennanwy.