Ralyme (realm)

"The rapture affected everyone in Sanctum to different degrees. But here in this land they never learned to forget. And in turn they attracted it back."

- Eristar

The Realm of Ralyme was a land in the Westlands of Sanctum, founded in Fo.A. 1 as a conglomeration of three old kingdoms. The most culturally diverse of all realms, home of the arts, Ralyme was obsessed with the lands they lost and the lands now lost overseas, and spearheaded the effort to reclaim them. In this passionate way, the Ralymese were great builders of stone in their rocky land and constructed many metropolises and monuments. One of the Azurmian and one of the greatest heroes in Sanctum, Solomnent, called Ralyme his home.

Two of Ralyme's mending Towers near Miw Callilith

History

Fourth Age: Unity In The Face Of Division

At the calamitous end of the Third Age, survivors from the Empire of Sanctum had escaped westward to the broken shores of the land that remained. Now safe from their former lands sunken beneath the seas, they found themselves at the mercy of three realms of old.

Aorion, Lelenor, and Minduin. The three lands welcomed all survivors and in desperate times they formed into one unified realm of Ralyme, "The Rekindlers", in Fo.A. 1. The survivors were from all nations of the sunken lands, but they forwent their former identities to become Ralymese. They were hard pressed against the shadows plaguing this land but had aid from their neighbors in Valeon and the god Eristar who led them.

There were three capitals of Ralyme in the beginning: Lan Anori south in Minduin, Lelen on the shores of the Sea of Lelenor, and Ostnaeth in Aorion. Though one nation, the three capitals to their respective provinces each had one Praetor to govern their needs. Only the Consul presided over them and ruled from all three cities, it was their duty to never remain in one place and instead see their realm. There was no family lines and every ruler was elected by a citizens vote. The former kings and queens of the three capitals came to an agreement of this process, and with the voice of the public they elected the leader of the brave outlanders to be their first Consul, Kastien of Lan Sanctia. More than anything except his people, Kastien sought to bring his lost home back from the ocean, and he started developing a plan.

But by the end of the third year, an Azurmian washed ashore in Ralyme in the Ninael fenlands. They made their home in the Minduin capital of Lan Anori and dedicated their life to the preservation and study of their eradicated culture. This Azurmian also spoke both well and ill of the Eastlands over the sunken seas, telling of a god that had arrived there much like Eristar in the west. (But many generations later the hero Solomnent would be of their line and resemble the Azurmian more than ever, defeating this later corrupted god.)

)