Chapter 7

- Opening night -

Lucas and I were hanging with Veronica and Julliard in the café before the performance. We were in costume so that we could rush to the performance when we needed to without having to change. We were joking around when Lucas took a picture of me and posted it on his Instagram, it was so cute. Then after a while we had to go, Veronica and Julliard hugged Lucas goodbye and I kissed him, while he stayed back to meet August. 

We continued to mess around backstage to try and get rid of some of the nerves, but then we had to do a final dress and tech rehearsal, it went pretty well, the things that went wrong were only small things that were fixed within a couple of minutes, just some people having bad habits, or Ruthie getting in the way trying to be onstage even though she is only an understudy and ensemble.

We were backstage listening to everyone coming into the theater and begging for something to distract us, luckily my prayers get answered when Auntie Maha tagged me in a photo of Lucas and August. It was so cute, they both looked so excited and then I noticed something Lucas was holding, and it distracted me all the way up until my first curtain call. I waited in the wings as the ukulele played, the lights dimmed, and the audience went quiet, before walking onstage. 

"Today's going to be an amazing day and here's why. Because all you have to do is be yourself. Well... as you as you can get without looking un-normal," I say, before the ukulele plays again to start my song,

"When it's just you and some song

That you don't know how to play

Fake your way through, strum along

Be cool and you're okay

So your fingers get tangled in a pile

Your rhythm is a mess

But nobody sees 'cause you smile

And the world will never guess

Can't let them know

'Cause no one understands

Your face can't show

What you're hiding in your hands

Daughter and son, man and wife

Fill the photos on these walls

Look at the fun, perfect life

Of plastic dress up dolls

Happy house on a quaint suburban street

The sun hangs in the sky

Everything framed nice and neat

In a lovely little lie

Can't let them know

'Cause no one understands

Your face can't show

What you're hiding in your hands

La-da-da-da

La-da-da

La-da-da-da-da-da-da

La-da-da-da

La-da-da

Look at her, a total trainwreck

Let her off this ride

Lift her out from all the pain

She tells herself she needs to hide

When it's just you and that song

It's impossible to play

Fake your way through, strum along

And everything's okay

Can't let them know

'Cause no one understands

Your face can't show

No one understands

Your face can't show

What your hiding in your hands

La-da-da-da

La-da-da"

The show went really well, there were almost no mess ups, and no fighting backstage which was amazing. Then after the show both Lucas and August came running to me and gave me a giant hug. They both gave me flowers and Lucas kissed my cheek and we walked out together. As we were going out audience members kept stopping us and telling me how amazing the show was, and loads of fans came to take photos. They also took some with Lucas and I because they saw him on stage when I did my performance in New York for my mum. They were all so sweet, then we went out for lunch. 

We had exited the building and just as we were about to leave the site some fans wanted to get photos of Jake and I, Lucas even took one and I posted it. Then we finally escaped to the restaurant for lunch before Lucas and I went back to campus. Where I started to look at one of the most exciting but also scariest things I have ever done in my life. Buying a house, it's our last year so it needs to happen, but it's terrifying to do on my own. I always thought I would be able to get my mom to help me. That was our plan.

That's the end of Chapter 7! Sorry it's kinda short, longer chapters should be coming soon! Chapter 8 will be out tomorrow! Bye lovelies! xxxxxxx