Chapter 9

Gabi hair and outfit

The pounding bass, the flashing lights-it was like stepping into a different world. A senior party wasn't my usual scene, but tonight was different. I needed a distraction, a way to escape from the chaos that had become my life. And what better way to do that than to bring along Yasmin, Will, and Ben?

Ben POV just for a second

As the music thumped and the party raged on, I found myself leaning against a wall, watching the chaos unfold. The thumping bass reverberated through the floor, and my thoughts were a jumbled mess.

It wasn't long before Will joined me, a knowing look in his eyes. He leaned against the wall beside me, his expression a mix of amusement and sympathy.

"Ben, my man, you look like you're in deep thought," he said, a playful grin tugging at his lips.

I let out a sigh, raking a hand through my hair. "Yeah, well, parties aren't exactly my scene."

Will chuckled, taking a sip from his red plastic cup. "You and me both. But hey, we're here, right?"

I nodded, my gaze shifting to the dance floor. "Yeah, we are."

We stood in silence for a moment, the music serving as a backdrop to our thoughts. Then, Will turned to me, his expression growing more serious.

"So, Ben, I've noticed something," he said, his tone casual but his eyes sharp.

I arched an eyebrow, curious. "Oh yeah? What's that?"

He took another sip, his gaze never leaving mine. "You and Gabi. There's something there, isn't there?"

I felt my heart skip a beat, my surprise evident. "What are you talking about?"

Will smirked, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Come on, man. I've seen the way you look at her. And I've seen the way she looks at you."

I clenched my jaw, my gaze dropping to the floor. "You're reading into things."

He nudged my arm, a knowing smile playing on his lips. "I'm not blind, Ben. I can tell there's history there. And I can also tell there's something going on now."