7.1K 315 565

Author's Note: Thank you to all of you for showing Meri Musibat so much love! I am glad you all enjoyed the first chapter. 

Reminders/Notes:

-This story will follow Meerab and Murtasim every summer during her visit to the Haveli - so a whole year has passed since they fought in the last chapter.  Obviously, these interactions and things are not the only things that happen between them, but these are the "highlights". 

-In the show, we're first told that Meerab learns the truth at 22, so this story starts a couple of years before that, so they're both younger in these initial chapters!

Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

------------------------------------------------

Sunlight streamed down on the Khan Haveli, painting its facade in a golden hue as Murtasim's Mercedes drove up the driveway. Birds chirped, trees swayed, and summer was once again in full swing. But for Murtasim, summer had become synonymous with only one thing: chaos.

Meerab had arrived just as the weather turned warmer, and he often found himself wondering how one person, a mere young woman, could bring such turbulence into his orderly life. Her return to the Haveli was like a cyclone that disrupted the peace he so carefully maintained throughout the year.

Murtasim had always been a man of control. Every facet of his life was carefully orchestrated, every contingency planned for. But Meerab? She was the wild card, the unpredictable element that refused to bow down to his will.

"I can't believe I am doing this." He muttered as he pulled the three tickets out of his wallet and walked up the pathway towards the house. He had left an important meeting and given in to Meerab's stubbornness, a part of him screamed at him for doing so, told him to take the tickets back and rip them apart, to not give her what she wanted. It felt like he was letting her win. But then he remembered how much both she and Maryam had begged to go and that part gave away.

The house was suspiciously quiet as he stepped in.

Before he could even call out to Maryam or Meerab, his phone buzzed.

"Hello?" He asked picking up.

"Khan, Meerab Bibi took a car earlier today and disappeared with Maryam Bibi." One of his security personnel spoke on the line.

"When?" He seethed.

"A couple of hours ago."

"And you're telling me now?" He asked, his voice filled with anger.

"I – I only realized the car was missing now and checked the cameras."

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE GATES!" He yelled.

"I stepped away for just a moment, I - "

"Tell all of the men to get ready." He said before he hung up, he'd have fired the man on the spot but he had a feeling that Meerab would find a way to outsmart anyone.

Murtasim sighed heavily, pinching his nose as he felt the Meerab-induced headache impending.

He knew where they had gone.

The last couple of days had been filled with their persistent chatter about attending the Pakistan vs. India cricket match in Karachi. Murtasim had, of course, refused. The stadium was too crowded, the audience was usually very rowdy, the city was a hubbub of activity, and he was unable to accompany them. The fact that Chacha-Saab and Maa Begum were away, dropping Haya off at her grandmother's house, didn't help either.