2.9K 190 248

A/N: Thank you for the love for all the epilogue chapters thus far! I don't know how many of you have noticed that the chapters mirror the dreams Meerab had when she was unconscious in the hospital - but if you haven't, this one is definitely the most obvious one, hehe. In this second-last part of the epilogue, we get to celebrate Murtasim's birthday with Meerab, a six-year-old Meesam, and their 31 month old toddlers! Just a heads up, there is smut at the beginning of the chapter!

-------------------------------------

In the cool darkness of their bedroom, Murtasim was stirred from his shallow slumber by a gentle shifting on the bed. The faint rustle of fabric and then a delicate weight settling on his waist roused him further. His eyes remained closed, enjoying the suspense of the moment, until the soft pressure of lips against his forced them open.

Hovering above him was Meerab, her silhouette framed by the dim light filtering through the curtains. Her legs straddled him, the fabric of her shirt just brushing against his bare chest.

He hummed in response, a deep vibration in his chest as the kiss deepened. Opening his eyes, he was greeted by her smiling face, an expression of affection and mischief mingling in her eyes.

"I am going to die a happy man," he whispered, his voice husky with emotion and drowsy contentment.

She playfully whacked his shoulder. "Don't talk about dying on your birthday!" she admonished.

He chuckled, the sound resonating softly in the quiet room.

"Happy Birthday," she smiled down at him, her face aglow with love.

"Thank you," he murmured, his hands beginning their slow ascent up her bare legs, savoring the warmth of her skin. She had said happy birthday to him multiple times after the clock struck midnight, with him buried inside her, taking her for all she was worth, multiple times.

"I love you," she mumbled, leaning down to plant another kiss on his lips, her smile never fading.

"I love you too," he responded, his grin broadening. As his hand ventured higher up her thigh, a groan escaped him upon discovering the absence of her underwear.

"I only have so much self-control, you know," he mumbled back. "You can't go walking around like this."

She laughed again, cupping his face tenderly. "Stop thinking about sex for one second, and look at me," she instructed, squeezing his cheeks slightly.

"How am I supposed to look at you and not think about sex?" he asked, his tone serious but his eyes twinkling with mischief.

She rolled her eyes at his comment, but her hands remained gentle on his face. "Listen, Murtasim," she began, her voice lowering to a conspiratorial whisper.

"Yes, meri biwi?" he replied, playing along with her tone.

"The kids want to surprise you with a birthday cake for breakfast, but we both know they can't be quiet, so I need you to pretend you're asleep until we come get you," she explained.

His heart warmed at the thought, picturing Meesam leading her younger siblings in the birthday surprise. He knew her influence over the twins was absolute—they mirrored their almost-six-year-old sister as much as they could at 31 months.

He shrugged, feigning reluctance. "I am going to need an incentive," he declared, his voice teasing.

She snickered, leaning closer. "I know," she whispered, her breath tickling his ear.

Murtasim lay back, his breathing already heavy, as Meerab's fingers gathered the hair falling loose around her face. As she pulled her hair into a quick ponytail, missing a few strands in her haste, his gaze involuntarily drifted to her chest. The thin fabric of her shirt did little to conceal her form, the outline of her nipples stark against the soft material, drawing his eyes and stirring a deeper hunger within him.