3.1K 181 239

A/N: For part four (of eight) of our epilogue - we check in on an almost two-year-old Meesam and her parents. Just a heads up that this chapter has smut. See you on the other side!

------------------------------------------------------- 

In the quiet of the closet surrounded by half-packed suitcases, Meerab's heart clenched at the sight of her nearly two-year-old daughter, Meesam, nestled among the clothes, her tiny sobs echoing softly.

"I go!" Meesam's voice rang out, filled with a mixture of protest and sadness as she sat stubbornly in the suitcase.

"Aw, Mee-Mee," Meerab cooed gently, her voice a soothing balm as she lifted her daughter into her arms, holding her close. "Tell Mama what's making you sad," she whispered into her soft hair, feeling the tiny arms clinging tighter around her neck.

"I mi wu," Meesam mumbled into her shoulder.

"Ammi will miss Mee-Mee too," Meerab replied while she rubbed Meesam's back in slow circles, comforting her.

Meesam pulled back slightly, her big eyes watery and her bottom lip quivering adorably. "I go?"

"It's an Ammi and Abbu trip, we're only going for three big sleeps," Meerab explained gently, using her thumb to wipe the tears from her daughter's cheeks.

"I fun," Meesam protested weakly.

Meerab couldn't help but laugh softly and kiss her little nose. "You are fun, but ammi and abbu are going on a grown-up boring trip. There are no toys, no other kids, no playgrounds."

Meesam's pout deepened, making Meerab's heart twist at the sight.

"You're going to have so much fun with Nanu and Nani, and Uncle Shahmeer is going to bring baby Zee to play with you," Meerab added, brightening her tone to distract her daughter with the promise of fun activities, especially an appearance by baby Zubaida who Meesam loved.

"Zee?" Meesam perked up, tilting her head curiously.

Meerab nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, and Maryam Phupho is going to visit with Uncle Zaki, and Rumi Maasi is going to spend the night. You two get to paint your nails and do your hair!"

Meesam's eyes lit up at the mention of these familiar pleasures. "WED!" she exclaimed with newfound excitement.

"Yes, you can paint your nails red," Meerab confirmed, her heart lighter as she watched a smile break across Meesam's tear-streaked face.

"Ammi tway?" Meesam tried again.

"Ammi has to go with Abbu," Meerab explained gently.

"Abbu tway?" Meesam's voice rose slightly.

Meerab shook her head, her heart tugging at the sight of her daughter's hopeful eyes. "But ammi and abbu will call you every day, and we'll be back in just three big sleeps with toys for you." 

At the mention of toys, Meesam's eyes lit up, her interest piqued.

"And if you go with us, Mee-Mee-Bak and Uncle Areeb will be sad," Meerab added, referencing Meesam's pet goat. Meesam had affectionately named Murtasimbakri's youngest kid from her second litter Meesambakri, which she couldn't say and had adorably shortened to Mee-Mee-Bak.

"We don't want that right?" Meerab prompted.

Meesam shook her head, her understanding dawning slowly.

"So, can you be brave for Ammi, Mee-Mee?" Meerab asked, her voice soft but encouraging.

"I bwave!" Meesam declared proudly, patting her tiny chest with determination.