Chapter One

Rachel's POV
My name is Rachel Berry, I'm 16, and a sophomore at William McKinley High School. I'm captain of the Cheerios and also the female lead in glee club,  I'm part of the unholy trinity, and one of my best friends is Santana Lopez. We have been friends since 6th grade, I remember it crystal clearly.

"Hey I'm Santana! What's wrong?" The Latina girl asked me.

"My best friend and I got into a fight." I replied sniffling.

"Well maybe you need a new best friend." She smiled at me.

"I can't replace him, but I could have another best friend." I smiled back at her.

"You never told me your name." She said helping me up.

"Rachel." I smiled at her.

I smiled at the memory of meeting Santana. My other best friend would be the one and only Finn Hudson. He's the quarterback, and the male lead in glee club. Everyone expects us to be together but, since we're best friends, it would be awkward. Sure, we do things like couples do, but we don't mean it in the lovey-dovey type way. Our moms are best friends, and that's how Finn and I met.

My mom and I we're walking out way down isle 4 of 'Whole Foods' when my mom stopped moving.

"Mommy?" The two year old version of me asked her.

"That's my old friend from high school, Carole." She told me.

"Go talk to her!" I said excitedly, seeing that she had a little boy with her.

My mom took my hand and walked me over to the woman.

"Shelby?" The woman said happily.

"Carole!" They hugged each other and then told me and the boy to talk to each other.

"I'm Rachel." I stuck out my hand.

"I'm Finn." He smiled and shook my hand.

"Wanna be friends like our mommies?" I asked.

"Best friends!" He said and took my hand and led me back to our moms.

Finn's POV
My name is Finn Hudson, I go to William McKinley High School, I'm the quarterback there, and the male lead vocalist in glee club. My best friend is Rachel Berry, even though I have guy friends, me and Rach will always be best friends. We met in a grocery store, our moms knew each other and instantly made us become friends. They always say mom's have the best instincts, our moms definitely did that day.