Chapter Twelve

Rachel's POV
6 YEARS LATER
"Paisley, please come here!" I screamed down the isle of the store. The little girl looked at me and walked her way over to me.

"Yes mommy?" She asked. I laughed at her, causing me to loose my balance. I bumped into someone when I fell, so I picked Paisley up.

"I'm sorry- Kurt?!" I put Paisley down and stared at the stylish man in front of me.

"Rachel!" He screamed and we hugged for about 5 minutes.

"Who's this little girl?" He bent down and smiled at her.

"I'm Paisley Fabray!" She put her hand out for him to shake and he just laughed. He shook her hand and then came back up to my level.

"Dinner at my apartment tonight, 7. Be there, Rach." He gave me a piece of paper, which had his cell phone number on it and his address.

I knocked on the door and Kurt appeared.

"Hey, Rachel. Now's not the best time, come back tomorrow." He said quickly, but some girl who looked very slutty, showed up.

"Who the hell are you?" Her voice was raspy, you could tell she smoked. I didn't have time to answer, and Finn appeared from behind her. Kurt face planed and ran away. Finn whispered something in the girls ear and she walked away, leaving just us.

"Look, I know we left off on the wrong foot, but I need a favor.." He asked, looking sad.

"Yeah?" I replied and he pulled out a ring.

"It's for the girl. I'm proposing. Is it okay?" He asked me. All of a sudden a wave of hurt came over me. Did I still love Finn after all these years? No!

"Fine, for me. But I don't know her standards." I said laughing a little. He just started to shut the door.

"Thanks." The door was shut completely. I started to get teary eyed and walked away from the door. It started to pour down rain, so I started running to my car. I hit the unlock button and my car was still locked, so I jammed on the handle, causing it to break off. I started sobbing, in the middle of the street, while it was pouring down rain.

"Need some help?" I turned around to see Puck smiling, well sorta.

"Puck, hey!" I said smiling.

"Why so gloomy?" He sat down next to me and wiped his face off, considering it was still raining. I started explaining to him about my high school crush on Finn, me coming back, Kurt and I running into each other at the store up until right now.

"Finn, there's no way of getting him out of that relationship." He sighed, leaving me more confused.

"That girl. She's is so much worse than you could imagine." I got up and then pulled Puck off the ground.

"Thanks for letting me talk out my problems to you." I said hugging him.

"No problem." He acted like he was going to say more, but he just shook it off.

"What do I do about my car?" I said laughing.

"Ride home with me, but check with Kurt and see if you can leave you car parked here. I'll be waiting in my truck." He pointed to the door of the Hudson-Hummel's and then to his truck. I nodded and knocked on Kurt's door again.

"Rachel, I said this wasn't a good time-- woah, what happened to you?" He said mentioning to my messed up makeup and frizzy hair.

"Long story, can I leave my car parked there until I can get a tow truck?" I said upset.

"Yeah, sure. Let me drive you home." He offered.

"No, Kurt! It's fine. Puck's giving me a ride." I smiled and Kurt looked sad. But I don't care. He knew I liked Finn, but Finn ruined my life.