CHAPTER 4

Kuber entered the great hall, greeting everyone with joined hands and a high head. Ganesh followed him behind, a smile was gracing his lips as he too greeted the gods and their goddesses, who joyously reciprocated.

"Swagat hai aap sabhi ka mere Mahabhoj mei !" Kuber said in a booming voice, he then turned to Indra and said, "Suresh, aap devtao ke Raja hone ke karan mere mukhya atithi hai. Mera singhasan grahan kare."

"Kshama kare Kuber. Kintu jab Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ke pratinidhi swaroop, pratham pujya Ganesh yaha upasthit hai, tab Mai kaise mukhya atithi ki padvi par baith sakta hu ? Mukhya atithi toh Gaurinandan hi hai." Indra said.

"Satyavachan !" The rest of the gods and goddesses agreed with him.

"Yadi sabki yahi iccha hai toh uchit hai." Kuber said and then gazed at Ganesh, "Mukhya atithi ke roop mei, aap mere singhasan par virajmaan ho jayiye." He said, pointing at his majestic throne.

Observing the tone of his voice and behavior, all the guests got bewildered. Amarsri gazed at Srinav and whispered, "Kuber ke vaani mei Aisa ahankaar ?"

"Lagta hai inhe apne Anuj ka rog lag gaya hai." Srinav said.

"Kadachit iss hi liye Pitashree Mahadev ne swayam na aake Ganesh ho bhej diya." She guessed.

Srinav nodded as he looked around the place, "Mujhe abhaas ho raha hai ki yaha ki shaanti bhang hone wali hai." He said.

Ganesh, the one who had mastered all forms of virtue, sat down on the throne. His tusk swayed from side to side as if enjoying a melodic rhythm, but his eyes were fixed on Kuber.

At the center of the hall, a magnificent table stretched out, adorned with exquisite silverware, crystal goblets, and plates filled with delicacies fit for divine palates.

The gods took their places at the table, emanating an aura of power and sheer dominance. While the goddesses, with utter reverence etched across their faces, and gracefully seated themselves on the left thigh of their divine partners, symbolizing their eternal bond and oneness.

Kuber clapped his hands, gesturing the attendants to serve the gods and goddesses. The servants obeyed his orders, taking their positions around the hall, ready to cater to the divine guests. They moved down the line, serving each deity with reverence, ensuring to satisfy their individual preferences. 

With unwavering adoration, Srinav gazed into Amarsri's eyes, which reflected the vastness of the universe, and offered her the first bite from his own hand. Only when she had completed her bite, he reached for his own portion, taking delicate nibbles with a serene expression.

Beside them Indra was sitting with Indrani over his lap, he too lovingly made her sip the ambroisal somras from his own gem-studded chalice.

Around them, the other deities watched, marveling at the depth of their connections. Some whispered in hushed tones, while others simply basked in the beauty of this intimate gesture.

"Atyant swadisht bhojan hai, aur dijiye Kuber." Ganesh said.

All the gods and goddesses stopped eating for a moment and looked at him bewildered. They had barely begun eating while Ganpati had finished all the food in his plate. Kuber stared at him him with wide eyes, but he quickly regained his composure and gestured the servants to serve more food.

It didn't take Ganesh more than a few moments to again finish all the served food again. Kuber stood their flabbergasted as to how can one eat so fast ?

"Balak Gajanan hetu aur bhojan laao !" Kuber ordered his servants.

Amarsri looked at Srinav who was looking at Ganesh, with an intrigued expression.