New Kid

"Come on, come onnn

"Come on, come onnn...." I was focused on the game in front of me. I watched as the ball bounced around, setting off a ringing sound each time I pushed the buttons. Being the toughest kid in this town meant that I was the only one who actually played this game. That didn't bother me. In fact, I liked it. I like how people would just leave me alone with my game. No people, no interruptions. The Grab 'N Go was basically a trashy shop waiting to crumble. That didn't stop the local teens from hanging around in here. Ugh, they're always so annoying. At least they know not to bother me.

From the corner of my eye I could see my friend coming from the drink aisle. I didn't bother looking at him, I was too focused on the game. And plus, today was a very special day.

"Vance you're gonna beat your high score!" he said excitedly. "Of curse I'm gonna do it dumb shit. Like I said I would" with that reply I turned my focus completely back on the game. Today was the day that I beat my high score. I was sure of it. "NEW HIGH SCORE" the machine's beam made me jump a little. I watched as the ball fell, satasfied that I finally beat my high score. "Dude! That. Was. AMAZING!" "I told you I was gonna beat it today" with a sly smirk I looked at my friend who was rambling about god knows what. I didn't catch any of that, I was to busy internally screaming and holding back the joy of finally beating the score. While he's rambling, I took one good look at him. He seemed really happy for me... Huh. Brock has always been my best friend since we were kids. Well, my only friend really. But he's a real one, and that's all that matters to me.

"Dude, are you even listening?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when he waved his hand in front of my face.
"Hm?" "Ugh, I have to repeat myself again? Fine. I heard there's a new kid coming to school tomorrow!" I honestly could care less. Another loser to join this shitty town, great.
"Dunno about you, but I need a smoke break." with that, I walked out of the store. Brock quickly followed me to the back of the store. "Aren't you a tad bit excited to have someone new at our school?" "Maybe. But I honestly don't give a damn." I take a long hit before handing the cig out to Brock. He just shook his head. "What's up with you? You're always down to smoke."
He rolls his eyes "I am, but my mom found my stash and now I'm grounded. Anyways, gotta go. It's getting late. I don't wanna get my ass beat for missing the curfew" He let out a groan before he waved at me goodbye. I waved back in response. Welp, guess there’s more for me then.

After a while of hanging at the back of the store I decided to head home. I wished my mother goodnight and went to my room. Turning on the lights, I pulled out some black sweatpants and a Black Sabbath t-shirt. That'll do it I guess. I turned off the lights and plopped down on my bed, falling asleep within minutes.

"*BEEP BEEP BEEP*" I wake up to the most annoying sound on earth. I swear, I'll throw this fucking alarm clock out of the window one day. I layed there for a few more minutes just staring at my ceiling. I REALLY don't feel like going to school. But mom's short of money for a few more weeks. Which means I have to behave well, and also go to school. I already skipped too much. I lazily got up and put on the outfit I wear almost every day. Light blue jeans, white shirt, and my patched denim jacket. I put on my choker and bracelets, brushed my teeth, put on some boots, and picked up my backpack. "Bye Ma! I'm off to school!" "See you later hun!" I closed the front door and made my way to the shithole. I live pretty close to the school so it wasn't a problem walking for me. Once I got there I rolled my eyes. It's like 7:45am and there's couples eating eachother's faces in the hallway already. Lord, please give me strenght not to punch them.
I made my way to my first class which was, thankfully, art. Art is the only subject I tolerate for some reason. I sit in my usual seat at the back of the classroom. I'm surprised I got here this early. Whatever, might aswell catch up on some sleep. I put my head on the desk, my arms resting beside it. I was about to close my eyes until I heard the screetching of a chair. Not just any chair, the one right next to me. Nobody ever sits with me. I like it that way. I look up ready to insult the crap out of the person next to me, only to be met with an unfamiliar face staring back. Is this the new kid? Why the hell would they sit next to me? The whole classroom is pretty much empty right now. They looked at me for a good 30 seconds before looking around the classroom, taking every single little detail of it. They're... kinda weird. I went back to what I was doing before. With my eyes closed, I thought about some things I noticed about them. They have a good sense of style, most likely have a great music taste aswell. But the way they were dressed seemed like they weren't even American in the first place. Why would anyone put so much effort in how they look? Especially when going to school... I dozed off shortly after that last thought.