Fluffy

February. The month of 'love'. Ew.. Makes me wanna throw up. Whatever. Valentine's is approaching, I couldn't care less tbh, but I was thinking of getting Y/N something. In a platonic way!
Anyways, our art project has been displayed. I've been looking at it for two weeks now. I'm starting to hate it, my side atleast. How can I not look at it tho? It's literally right at the entrance, like it wants to be looked at. I also can't help but still admire Y/N's side of the painting. They're so talented~
I caught myself smiling. Ughhh get yourself together Vance! Gosh I'm going crazy... I wish Brock didn't have to break his stupid leg. I wanna punch him.

My eyes wandered to Y/N. They look so pretty like always. Hm.. I guess I was staring at Y/N the whole class. The bell rang and everyone rushed to their next class. I didn't get up. I put my face in my hands as I groaned. "You alright?" I looked up to see Y/N's worried expression which quickly changed into a warm smile. I couldn't even look at them. I felt... weird. I rushed out of the classroom leaving a confused Y/N behind. My face was warm, my heart was beating faster than usual. Why do they always make me feel this way? I know I shouldn't skip anymore but.. Fuck it. I can't stay in this shit hole any longer. Exiting the school, I saw happy couples everywhere. I felt disgusted... and jealous for some reason. I need to clear my head.

I spent the rest of the day playing pinball. Couldn't beat my high score. This shit sucks ass anyways. I decided to take a walk. I didn't know where I was going. Kids were everywhere, playing, doing some random shit. I decided to hide in a dark alley. Here I could be at peace and maybe have a smoke break. I sat on the ground and started searching for my lighter. That's when a cat came up to me. "You lost buddy? Or just need some space like me?" the cat just looked at me. I would too. I mean, I'm talking to a fucking cat like a weirdo. I started petting the cat. Seems like both of us were hesitant. I actually kinda enjoyed this. Nobody is really fond of me, not even animals. Well, nobody except...

...I fucked up didn't I? Whatever. The cat abrubptly got away from me and started meowing loudly. It wouldn't stop. It's like it wanted me to follow it. Either that, or it was hungry. I got up from the ground, only now noticing that it was getting dark outside. I followed the cat until it ran to the other side of the dark alley. As I got closer I could see a person lying on the ground. They weren't moving. I started to get kinda creeped out. Once I reached the cat, it stopped meowing. The cat cuddled up next to the person on the ground. I couldn't really see much. As a car passed I finally saw their face. "Y/N?!" Holy shit. They were unresponsive. There was blood on them and some vomit nearby. What the hell happened to you Y/N? I shook them a little bit. They slowly opened their eyes. Thank fucking god. I was panicking at this point. "Y/N?! Can you hear me?" they looked at me for a few seconds before getting up like nothing happened. "I see you met my cat, Fluffy. In all honesty, you should've just let me die here." They looked at me one last time before picking up their cat and walking away.

I just stood there in shock. On the ground there was an empty pill bottle. Did they try to overdose? Why?

 Did they try to overdose? Why?

(a/n): this is my cat Fluffy. He saved me from my numerous su!cide attempts. I think he deserves to be in this story.