Hair Strand

For the rest of the day Y/N and I didn't really talk. Sometimes they would smile at me if we made eye contact in class, but that was it. Now I had a free period, which meant Y/N also had a free period. I really wanted to talk to them again. I was walking down the hallway trying to find Y/N when that annoying hair strand fell on my face again. Ugh, seriously? Why is it so short anyways? The only shorter part of my hair were my bangs, but this strand of hair wasn't one of them. It was a bit too long to be my bangs, but still short enough to get on my nerves. Luckily, I was close to the boys' bathroom. I went in there and looked at myself in the mirror. Looking good, as always. I inspected the strand a little bit. It looks like someone cut it. Definietly wasn't me. Wouldn't do that even if someone payed me to. I was so confused.

I brushed my hand through my hair (or at least tried to) and the strand got tangled up again. Thank god. It was really pissing me off. I exited the bathroom only to find Y/N sitting next to the door.

"Why are you sitting next to the boys' bathroom?" They didn't respond. They just looked at me. They unzipped their bag and got something out of it. "Your biology notebook. You left it behind." I took my notebook and thanked them. I usually wasn't this nice to people. But for some reason I just can't be mean to them. "So you were waiting for me here?" I chuckled slightly pointing at the bathroom door. "I saw you walk in so I decided to wait. Weird place to do that, I know." They gave a slight smile before their expression turned serious again. "Wanna walk with me to my locker so I can toss this shit there? We can go hangout for a bit after" a part of me hoped they would say yes. They didn't say anything. They just stood up and waited for me to lead the way. "Alright, um, let's go" dammit Vance why did you have to be awkward...I mentally slapped myself for that. We finally made it to my locker. I was putting the code in when Y/N spoke up "why is that hair strand so short?" "To be honest I have no idea. But it looks like someone cut it." I was kinda surprised they managed to notice that. "Why would someone cut your hair?" I already put the notebook in my locker and closed it at this point. I turned around and looked at them. They had a puzzled expression on their face. I had no clue either. I just shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to say. There was a moment of silence between us. "So...where do you wanna go? To hangout I mean." They thought about it for a second. "Well, we have like 30 minutes left of class, so somewhere in the school... How about the bleachers? Or more like, in the empty space underneath them?" I knew what they meant and I liked the idea. To the bleachers we go I guess.

 To the bleachers we go I guess