Rooftop Convo

I decided to take the long route to the roof. I just felt like it. And plus, Brock might be on the emergency stairs smoking god knows what. As I climbed the stairs, an oddly short strand of my hair kept bothering me. I was ready to rip it out if needed. I just brushed my hand through my hair hoping that strand will get tangled up and lost in my fucking birds nest. Luckilly, it worked. Even tho I had to kinda rip my hand from my hair, but it's whatever. No seeing Brock today, I thought to myself.

Upon reaching the roof famously known as the "smoker's roof" or the "crack floor" of the school, I saw someone I didn't expect to see here.

Y/N... They were sitting there at the other side of the roof from where I was. They were doing something. Drawing? I mean, they did have their sketchbook with them and they were writing something. I sat down not too far from them in case they wanted to chat. When they saw me, they quickly flipped to a random page in their sketchbook. Huh, weird. Are they hiding something that they don't want me to see? Oh well, it's none of my business anyways.

What are they doing up here? Do they smoke? I've never seen them smoke before. Maybe they just wanted some peace. I respect that. I could see that they were staring at me from the corner of my eye. I pretended that I didn't notice and continued smoking. They put their stuff in their bag and sat closer to me, taking me by surprise a little bit.

"Didn't see you as the type to smoke" I smirked. "Only when I'm really stressed or mentally drained" they responded not looking at me. "Yeah, I get that. It just calms you down a bit." "It does. For a little while at least" they smiled slightly. I pulled another cig out of the box and offered it to them. "Seems to me like you're a bit distressed right now" They looked at me for a second before taking the cigarette, lighting it with their own lighter.

There was a comfortable silence between us. "We could do this more often, eh?" I asked not really expecting them to agree. Well, they did agree. "Sure, but let's do that next year when it's warmer. It's cold as fuck out here." I chuckled at their words. It was a bit chilly but not absolutely freezing as they made it sound. "Say, why are you always alone?"  "I like being alone. Just not lonely... if you know what I mean" I nodded. They finished off their cig faster than me, but still stayed by my side. I took in their features. The lighting hit their face perfectly. I could just kiss them righ- woah woah. Don't get ahead of yourself Vance. What am I thinking?! Even tho... they are really pretty. And they're the only person aside from Brock who aren't afraid of me. I don't want to lose them.

The school bell rang once again, signaling that lunch was over. We started quickly heading to our next class since we only had 5 minutes left until it started. Normally I would just ditch class, but since I share the schedule with Y/N I can't really do that. The only reason I go to school is for them at this point.