Chapter 3

Sophie's POV

It's Lady Gisela. I cannot believe she would have the audacity to call me after Fitz tried to kiss me! 

Flashback

When I came to, I saw that I was in one of Everglens guest bedrooms. More specifically, the one I had stayed in the other times I had stayed the night. Fitz walks in smirking which is not a pretty sight. His smirk could never compete with Keefe's crooked one. Speaking of which, where is Keefe? "Where's Keefe Fitz?" I demand. "Oh, you'll see soon enough Sophie. After you get what you deserve for being with Keefe in the Forbidden Cities." He smirks again and I feel my face contort into a scowl. I sigh, then close my eyes. "Well, if you want me to keep my eyes open you need to put a shirt on." I tell him. It's kind of distracting but I don't tell him that. "What, are my abs distracting you?" he questions, "so, no. I will not put a shirt on." "Fine," I tell him, "then my eyes aren't staying open." I peek to see if he had put a shirt on but he had moved to in front of my and he was leaning in to kiss me. I take all anger from all of the bad things that have happened and I'm about to shoot it at Fitz when he pulls out a medler and shoots it at my head and the world goes black again. 

     When I come to again I see the eldest Vacker child, Alvar standing in the room talking to Fitz. Fitz must have pointed out that I was awake because he walked over to me and started talking, "Alright Sophie, I'm going to make you a deal that you can't and you probably won't want to refuse." I roll my eyes at that. "Yes, I figured that might be your reaction. Anyway, as I was saying, you are going to act as Fitz's girlfriend and unless your little friends want to keep breathing you'll do this ever where. Foxfire, here at Everglen, you name it." He smirks as though just won a prize. All though, the prize was probably to see my squirm. Fitz starts untying me and helps me stand up. He flashes me a movie star worthy smile and I smile back. Not a warm smile, but cold and full of disgust. He wraps his arm around my waist a little lower than I would have liked. 

Flashback over

"Hello?" Lady Gisela snaps her fingers, "Sophie were you paying attention to anything I just said?" I shake my head and she sighs. "Well then, I'll just have to start over I guess. So, as I was saying, you're friends are in great danger as you probably know with the little stunt you and Keefe pulled over at Everglen." Keefe sighs over where he's busy building a little hut by a tree. "Ah yes, I was wondering where my son was." "Hello mother. How's mommy dearest doing? Oh wait before you answer, just want you to know that I don't really care." Keefe tells his mom as he wraps his arm around my waist and I flinch from his touch. What happened at Everglen still fresh in my mind. "Well, good to see that you to are getting alone with my son just fine." She smirks and it looks exactly like Keefe's. Well, we know where that gene comes from. "Why are you warning us about this?" I ask as the world starts to blur before my eyes. I shake my head to get rid of the dizziness. Keefe keeps a firm hold on my waist keeping me steady. "Because Alvar and Fitz have no right to try and kill your friends for not being his pretend girlfriend. That is my job to try and kill you." She smirks again and I am shocked my Lady Gisela's kind-ish gesture. I pinch and it hurts. Yep. Definitely not dreaming about this. I see Lady Gisela's face leave the screen and I turn to Keefe, thoughts swimming through my head at a million miles a hour. "Foster, whatever you're thinking, just put those things on pause for like two minutes please." He laughs and says, "It won't be that bad Foster. Just trust me." He takes a deep breath and asks me, "Foster? Will you be my girlfriend?" I gasp, then lean forward and kiss him. At first he's surprised, but then, he kisses me back!

Keefe's POV

I can't believe it! I did it! I asked Foster to be my girlfriend and now she's kissing me! "I'll take that as a yes?" I ask laughing. She just smiles up at me and it makes me want to kiss her again. So before she can react I pick her up and spin her around. Foster squeals at first but then she starts laughing. "Keefe!! Put me down!" But I just keep spinning her until I'm dizzy. We both laugh and her Imparter rings again. "Again?" I ask but she just looks as confused as I do. She pulls out her Imparter and answers it to see Mr. Forkles face pop up. His face has a look of worried etched into his features. "You have a mission in the Forbidden Cities."