Chapter 4

Sophie's POV

I had to go to the Chernobyl nuclear reactor sight. Mr. Forkle said it was crucial that I visited. The Black Swan had made me a badge for a news company saying that I had permission to get into the property. But, when I got to the gate the guards said that I couldn't go in. 

 So later that evening I was dressed in all black with a hat over my Blonde hair so that the officers wouldn't see me. Luckily it was summer in Ukraine and there wasn't any snow on the ground. As I snuck in, I heard a wolf howl, and a shiver went up my back as I cut the fence .I was officially breaking the law now. As I snuck towards the powerplant I noticed government agent trucks driving that way as well. Weird, right? I thought so too and as I snuck closer something cracked next to me. I froze in fear until the thing crept out of the bushes and leapt. Still frozen my reflects took over and I fell to the ground as the creature pounced. In the moonlight I saw it. A grown male wolf about the size of a Great Dane. I was so screwed, but I ran and climbed up a tree anyway. If there was any chance of me surviving it was going to be up in a tree until that wolf went away. Then suddenly the air changed, and I felt woozy then I felt myself falling. The next thing I remember was waking up in a hole and a growing pain in my left leg. But when I tried to look at it the wooziness kicked in and I dropped my head back down on the ground. As a fell back asleep I saw a figure creeping upon me, but I was too tired to care. I saw the sun rise that morning after I had woken up from however long I had been asleep. I had no idea how long I had been at the powerplant, but the extra radiation left in the air was taking a toll on me because my skin was starting to have a greenish hue. I needed to get out of here before it was too late. I wish I had taken my Keefe's advice to not go and stay with him. But now it was too late, and my only clothes were the black ones I had on when the wolf attacked. I needed to wait until it was dark so I could try to escape this death trap.

I had enough strength to lift my head up and look at my wounds and began to feel woozy again. I am not good with blood and my entire left leg was covered with it. The wolf and the shadowed figure probably attacked me. Then it hit me, who was the figure in the cave? Did they work for the Russian government? Or were they a reporter like me trying to get the brutal truth on what really happened here at Chernobyl? It would have to wait because I hadn't eaten since the day, I snuck in here, so my stomach was rumbling. Luckily, I had been a boy scout when I lived with humans and learned how to tell poisonous berries from non-poisonous ones. As I ventured outside of the cave trying to find some berries but didn't find any. But I did find a river with lots of fish, so I got a long stick and tried to sharpen it with my jack-knife. I also knew how to spear fish and caught one quickly. I started a fire once I was back in the cave and cooked the fish. The fish had a weird taste to it. Like it was made out of rubber.