Update!

Hey guys! This is going to be a more tame version of those Ao3 author's notes that double as life updates lol, but I'd appreciate if you read all of it! Promise it contains AAH-related info :)

A lot of stuff has happened since the last time I updated, including graduating from college! Holy shit, right?? I just simply don't have the same amount of free time for this kind of writing in my life anymore, unfortunately, which is why this is the first time I've really been here since last October.

In case anyone felt like panicking: don't worry, I'm still writing this story :)

Unfortunately, I also had someone steal my work and feed it into an AI on Tumblr recently, which doubly knocked down my desire to write and be productive. I took a month off of everything, and although it still sickens me to think my work is feeding the AI against my will, I also love this community and fic writing and all the good things that have come out of it. Additionally (and thankfully), Wattpad has at least some basic protections against copy-paste and AI shit, which makes me much more happy and comfortable to have my stuff here than on Tumblr or Ao3.

A very important, direct note on AI: if it wasn't clear, no one has permission to copy any part of my work and put it in any AI program (or use it for anything else). Additionally, under US copyright law, I have the right to sue you if you do use my work in that way. Also under US copyright law, anything that comes out of AI cannot be copywritten, and therefore also can't be considered or allowed as a derivative work. If you're using these programs, please consider how they're contributing to the exploitation and theft of creative work across the board, as well as the destruction of the best things about fan communities, and think about reading and leaving some comments for authors you like instead, or even trying your hand at writing yourself, free of AI. If you support the use of AI in any of these forms and don't recognize the harm it's doing to creators, leave. I have no interest in interacting with you or having you anywhere near my work.

On to AAH:

Special thanks to all the lovely readers who have stuck with me for literal years and legitimately all of my college experience with this story, being kind and patient and supportive and making me love this story and want to continue it, even in the moments of frustration and writer's block. There are so many of you (enough to completely outweigh the negative camp, and I love you all for it), so to anybody who's stuck by me or left a kind comment, this story is for you, and I'm so happy I get to continue sharing it with all of you ❤️❤️❤️

Without further ado, I am very happy to announce that a new chapter of An American At Hogwarts Book 3 will be up (drumroll please)... tomorrow!! I've gotten a decent buffer of chapters again, so I feel confident I can commit to a weekly update schedule through the rest of the book :) From tomorrow on, you can expect new chapters of AAH on Fridays. I absolutely can't wait to share the rest of Alexa's 7th year at Hogwarts with you all! Hope you enjoy, and I'll see you with a new chapter soon!