The Tough Choice

Itachi ran after Lily. They just finished the mission and came back to the village. The mission was brutal. A nearby village got attacked and they had to look for survivors.

Lily was covered in blood. Some were hers others were survivors.

Itachi tried to carry Lily to the village but then she insisted on going alone.

He grab her arm. "Little leaf, what's going on? Do you not trust me to get you home? You're exhausted. Just let me help you."

She shakes her head. "I'm fine. I'll go alone."

Itachi couldn't take her lies anymore. "Do you not want me to come because your family abuses you?!" Lily stops. He was right. "Let me help you."

"No! You can't help me! Why would you want to help me in the first place?!" She looked mad. All her life, people treated her like nothing, she probably already used to.

But Itachi wasn't. "Because I love you. I care about you and I can't see you like this. Please."

That got her attention. She looked at Itachi with tears in her eyes. "Did I say something wrong? Was it "I love you"?" His thoughts were a mess.

Before he could apologize Itachi heard Lily's words and that sent his world crashing down. "I'm married"

Itachi couldn't believe this. She was so young and already married. This has to be a lie. No. That expression tells everything.

She looks at the ground and looks guilty. She's married...

"Does that mean her husband abuses her?" Itachi wanted to ask. He wanted to ask a thousand questions.

He got closer to her and hold her by the shoulders. "That's okay. And the moon as my witness I don't hold anything against you. I want you to be happy. But.. little leaf, does he abuse you?"

Those words took Lily off guard.

"Could I know about her secret?" Itachi gad hope.

Lily's heart was pounding faster and faster. She slowly nodded.

"So.. he treats you badly, doesn't he?" Itachi's voice was softer. This showed his caring side towards Lily.

Lily nodded again.

"He hurts you." Itachi couldn't take seeing Lily like this. Her pain was eating him up from the inside. He wanted to punch that guy.

"Then come live with me." Itachi tries to encourage her to run away from that place but after she hears his words she starts to panic. She jumps away from him. "No! I can't! If I leave he'll... No. I can't I just-"

Itachi didn't wait for her to finish. He cupped her face and kissed her.

"I don't care. I swear to you and the moon. You're not going back to that place. You can not love me back but I'm not letting you get hurt."

______

The sun was starting to shine bright after a cold rain but the breeze was still a little cold.

Lily was sitting on the monuments of the Hokage. She made decisions and it was final.

Now in her head was one question:

"How should I kill my beloved Itachi?"

After a while, she came up with an idea.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. But Itachi has to die." She say to myself and stand up.

She had a plan. It was risky, but she doesn't have much of a choice. Her mind is set and nothing can change it.

"Akatsuki are looking for jinchuriki. So why not be bait? Just go into a forest. They'll come to me themselves."

Now that she had a plan there's only one thing to do. Say goodbye to Sasuke.

She goes to Sasuke's house to say goodbye.

He is asleep but she didn't want to wake him up.

Lily kisses his forehead. "I'll be back soon, Sasuke. Take care of yourself."

She feels guilty leaving Sasuke behind. It was like his big brother had left and now she's leaving. He looks peaceful and she doesn't want to change that.

He lost so much in his life but this is what she had to do.

Lily knew that she had to leave Sasuke to protect him. But she knew she'll be back. Death or alive.

She goes outside and looks up at the night sky. "Well Itachi. It's been four years. I wonder did you change?"