Unveiling the Truth

Hi. So... I don't know who reads it. Don't know if you like 'cause I don't really get much votes or comments.

But I'm here to apologises for this chapter. This chapter will be all flashback. I wanted to put a lot of details so I didn't wanted to make chapter 10000 words long. Enjoy.
--------

"I swear I'm telling you the truth. Itachi actually smiled! We were on a mission and he was laughing and smiling," Lily recalled the memory and her face light up.

Shisui smirked but raised an eyebrow with skepticism. "I doubt his stoicism would crack that easily," he replied.

Lily insisted, "He smiled. That stoic statue actually smiled." Itachi kept throwing kunais at the target, clearly not involved in the discussion.

Lily continued to recall the events in her mind, her face illuminated as she remembered how Itachi had smiled.

Shisui was not quite convinced yet. "It would be interesting to see such sight," he teased, but Itachi remained detached from the conversation, still focused on his training.

Lily couldn't hold back her excitement. "How much money would you bet that his stoicism cracked?" she said, with a mischievous grin and a playful challenge in her voice.

"How about if you make him smile I'll buy you a dinner after mission. If not you buy me one."

Lily's ears quickly perked up hearing about food. "Deal." Lily went quietly to Itachi and started to pull his cheeks. "Smile...."

Itachi just sighted. He took Lily's arms and say, "Enough. We have a mission to go to."

Lily was disappointed with the result but could not resist pulling Itachi's cheeks. She was still determined to win the bet and get that free dinner. But Itachi remained focused and stoic, dismissing her playful efforts.

"We have a mission to complete. Let's go," he said firmly, taking her arms and pulling her away.

Lily was annoyed that her efforts failed but accepted the fact with resignation. Shisui was amused by the interaction and chuckled.

All three of them went to meet the rest of their team and headed for the Land of Sand for their mission. As they travelled, Shisui noticed with some surprise that Itachi was still holding onto Lily's hand, and the sight gave him a stinging feeling in his heart. After they arrived at their destination and joined the other jonin, Shisui pulled Itachi to the side to talk.

"Itachi. Can we talk about something important?"

Although surprised Itachi nodded. Shisui was rarely worried about mission so did something happened or.. he wanted to talk about something else?

"Itachi, I noticed that you like Lily. I respect and support your feelings for her, so don't worry about my opinion. I'm sure she deserves the best and you're one of the most capable people I know. But is it really love that you feel towards her?"

Itachi looked hesitant but finally spoke, "You don't have feelings for her too, do you?"

Shisui looks away. He knows that he has feelings for Lily but he can't quite admit it out loud with Itachi around. Before he could reply, Itachi spoke up with a selfless offer.

"If you like her, I can step back and let you pursue her. I won't interfere or try to compete with you for her love. I want you to be happy with the person you love, and I am confident you would make a good partner."

Shisui began to laugh, realizing the irony of their situation.

"Both of us love her, but we're willing to step back so the other could have her," he said, adding, "what a mess."