Roses and Red Eyes

Itachi was training Fireball Jutsu when something or rather someone started to irritate him.

"Lily, stop being lazy and start training!"

Lily was laying under the tree, wasting his time. It irritated him that she wasn't training.

"You know... I'm technically a healer. Fighting isn't really my thing." Lily said.

"Being a healer doesn't mean you don't have to train." Itachi said to Lily.

He was amazed by how Lily was using her profession to avoid training.

"You have to train. There is no way around it." He repeated.

Itachi stops training and goes to Lily and ask her:

"If the village was attacked at this moment, would your response be: Sorry I'm only a healer?"

Lily laughs and says, "Oh I wish I could say that."

He was in shock. How did someone like her get into Anbu black ops?

Itachi looks at Lily and lifts her up, saying:

"Enough of being lazy. Show me the Jujitsu you know."

But Lily responded with: "I can't perform Jujitsu."

That surprised him even more. How? And why can't she perform Jujitsu?

He couldn't understand why Lily couldn't do Jujitsu.

Is she lazy or is there something else?

He decided to press for answers.

"Lily, why can't you perform Jujitsu? You're part of an elite unit with no Jujitsu skills? It doesn't make sense." He said in disbelief.

"I didn't go to the Academy. What do you expect? All my techniques are self-learned." Lily explained.

"You didn't go to the Academy? But that's where everyone goes. How can you join the Anbu without learning how to control chakra at the Academy? And what do you mean all your techniques are self-learning?"

All kids at a young age go to the Academy to learn how to do Jujitsu or control the chakra. Itachi couldn't understand why Lily didn't go.

Lily's life was much different than he thought. But he still couldn't help but think, how did she get into the Anbu?

"If you can't control Jujitsu then your Taijutsu has to be strong." Itachi hoped that she had something to show.

But Lily's response broke his hope.

"Yeah.. I have very little stamina."

Itachi didn't know what to say. Is there anything that she can do or her whole career is a waste?

"I know you have jinchuriki's power and rare kekkei genkai. But do you even know how to use them?"

"Of course I know I'm lazy but I'm not an idiot"

-------

Itachi walks closer. Kisame throws Lily on couch. She looked pale. Was she really weaker than Akatsuki members?

He looks at her body. But she was conchesness. Just pretending.