Chapter 14

CONRADS POV

Juliet leaves quickly after breakfast so we can go swimming. As soon as the door shuts, Jeremiah starts laughing. "I can not believe what you're doing." He shakes his head, "Yesterday you told me I should try to get her back and now you're flirting with her?"

"Being nice to someone isnt flirting. Besides, we're friends. We've been hanging out almost every day now, it's gotten us pretty close." I look at him, he looks pissed. But when does he ever look happy?

"Whatever. Dont get your hopes up, she's a prude." He says, leaving the kitchen. He left his dishes laying around so I pick them up and start cleaning them.

He's acting like a child, he needs to grow up before I can tell him about Mom. I dont think he would handle this situation well, he would flip out and we would probably not hear from him for days, or even weeks.

I hear the front door opening, and a smiling Juliet walks up to me. She put her hair up in a pony tail and she has put on some make up. "Hi." She grins, she seems happier now that Jeremiah isnt around.

"Lets go swimming!" I say, walking out the back door. While she was gone I quickly put on my swim shorts.

I take off my shirt and feel eyes on me back - its impossible that she's staring at me, right? Its been a month since she got out of a relationship, I'm sure the last thing on her mind is me. Especially because me contains brother of her ex.

I dont turn around, I just jump into the pool. If she was staring at me, I dont want to embarass her by acknowledging it. The pool is cold, it feels good on a warm summer morning. I swim up, shaking my head to get the water off. I open my eyes to see Juliet laughing at me, so I splash some water in her direction "Shit, thats cold." She says, still laughing.
"Get it, it feels nice." I try not to look at her, which is very hard. She's wearing a bright pink bikini that just make you look automatically.

Juliet jumps into the pool, coming up pretty quickly "It's still fucking cold." She says and starts laughing again. Her sweet laugh get interrupted by a cough from Jeremiah, who's just staring at us.

Juliet doesn't turn around to acknowledge him, so I just nod at him. He knows he's making her uncomfortable yet he can't seem to leave her alone.

"Juliet." He says, trying to get her attention. "We need to talk." Juliet shakes her head, still not turned around to look at him. "I dont have anything to say to you." She answers, then goes underwater. "Dude." Jere says, looking at me. "Give us, like five minutes. If you guys are actually friends I need to make things right with her."

The moment he finished his sentence, her head pops back up from under the water. "I, uh." I take a deep breath, "gotta call someone." I shake my head lightly, it sounds so dumb. "I'll be back in five." I get out of the pool, giving Jeremiah a look. I decide I need to talk to him first, so I grab his arm and drag him inside.

He wants to say something, but I cut him off. "You were just being mean to her, behind her back. To me." I cross my arms, "Why do you suddenly want to make things right with her?"

"Because I dont want this to be awkward. Her being here right now is very uncomfortable, I dont like being around her. We need to talk about what happened, so I can move past this uncomfortable stage." He grabs a water bottle, takes a sip, "What if I bring some girl home and she sees? She'd probably flip."

I try to contain my laughter. "I think you should have thought about that before you dumped her over text." I pause for a second "Whatever, dude. Just be nice to her, she already thinks you're the worst human to be around. Dont make it worse."