Chapter 16

JULIETS POV

For a while I didn't know what to say.

Do I still want him? My feelings for him have changed to hatred, I dont think I love him anymore. Over the past four weeks I have realised how fucking horrible he had treated me and that I deserve better.

But now I know his family. I know how his house smells, I know what it's like to be around him outside of university. Would it be different this time?

"I dont think I could trust you again." I can see the emotions on his face change but cant quite tell what he's feeling.

"Juliet, think about this. We've been together for a year.. things are different now."

"How are they different? I'm still the person you knew you wouldn't last forever with." I tell him. I can not fall for his words again.

"Not talking to you for three weeks.. and then you suddenly standing in my kitchen a week ago.. and having you around.. these four weeks changed my thoughts on you. I dont want to spend a minute without you."

I almost smile, but force myself not to. My feelings for him definitely changed, because four weeks ago I would have jumped into his arms and kissed his face - now I'm not even sure I want to talk to him.

But I also dont want to throw away a whole year of relationship - we were good together, for a while anyway. What if its truly different now? What if he sees me in a different light?

My thoughts get interrupted when I spot Conrad, he's opening the door and stepping outside. Him being there again makes me feel calm, the nervousness I had a second ago disappears. I feel like I can finally breathe again.

Conrad has changed his outfit from his swim shorts to a white tshirt and some knee length jeans, his hair has almost dried and the sun is shining perfectly on him. Would he hate me, if I decided to go out with his brother again? After everything we talked about at the beach.. would he be disappointed in me?

Jeremiah gets up and grabs a towel to dry his legs, "You dont have to answer me now, think about it. You know where to find me." He winks at me, which I hate. Why would he wink at me?

He goes inside, and I feel lighter. "What did you guys talk about? You look pale." He says, handing me a towel, "Lets get you dry." I step outside of the pool, wrapping the towel around me.

"He asked me if we could try again. Being together, I mean." Conrad looks at me with a surprised expression.

"Dont trust him."