Chapter 17

CONRADS POV

For a while I just stood there, watching both of them. The door was slightly open and if I focused hard enough, I was able to hear their conversation.

I knew Jeremiah was lying with every word he said to her.
The way he was talking about her the past few days.. or just five minutes ago. He had some kind of motive that I couldnt figure out, but I didnt trust him and I hope Juliet isnt falling for this either.

Once it looked like they finished talking I made my way out of the house. Now that I was closer to Juliet I could see how uncomfortable she looked. She was pale, like she had seen a ghost.

Jeremiah walked past me, giving me a tiny smile. He looked like he was proud of himself, which made me want to punch him. Once he was inside and the door closed behind me, I could tell that Juliet felt more comfortable. Her shoulders werent pressed together anymore, and she had let out a deep breathe. "What did you guys talk about? You look pale." I said, trying to hide the worry in my voice. I gave her a towel, "Let's get you dry."

She stepped outside of the pool, wrapping the towel around her. Alltough I knew this wasnt the time to stare at her, I couldnt help myself. The way her wet hair fell against her shoulders made me feel like I was gonna go crazy. I had to remind myself that she was still my brothers ex and that I wasnt allowed to have a crush on her.

"He asked me if we could try again. Being together, I mean."

I overheard their conversation, I knew what they were talking about but I still hoped I misheard. I tried to control my facial expression, "Dont trust him."

"What do you mean?" She looked at me as if I spoke a different language.
"I dont think he has the best intentions. I know he's my brother and I'm like supposed to be rooting for him but I dont think he actually wants you back - I think he's just trying to prove a point."
The moment those words left my lips I wish I had never said them, because something in her changed.