Part 10 - Possesive for My (Fake) Girlfriend

Tejasswi

Champagne flute in hand, I turn toward the right, where Sir waits. "Sir, so nice to see you,"

I say, feeling awkward since I saw him just this morning.

"I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Karan Kundrra. Karan, this is my boss, Mr. Amar Rastogi."

Karan sets his champagne down, snags his arm around my waist, and then holds his hand out for Sir.

"It's a pleasure," he says. "Teju has said nothing but great things about her internship with you."

"The pleasure is all mine," Sir says with a huge smile.

A smile so large, it almost seems like he's fangirling. "Please, come over to my sitting space. I'd love to get to know you better."

Ooo, sitting space. He makes it sound so luxurious.

"Of course," Karan says as he slips his hand into mine and guides me through the crowd, sometimes pausing to shake a hand or two.

It's probably one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. 

I went into this thing with Karan completely blind, not knowing a damn thing about him or his presence in this city. Yet here I am, pretending to be his girlfriend, as grown-ass men and women fawn over him as he walks through a crowded room.

No wonder he tries to hide his face when he comes to my hostel. He doesn't want to be mobbed.

When we arrive at Sir's sitting area...Karan helps me down to one of the couches.

Sir takes a seat across from us, and a beautiful lady takes a seat next to him.

"This is my wife, Geeta. Geeta, this is Karan Kundrra, as you know, and his girlfriend, Tejasswi Prakash. Tejasswi works for me as an intern."

"Lovely," Geeta says while folding her hands on her lap. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Just a few weeks," I answer, "Still newish. We just actually told our friends we were dating."

"Ah, I see," Geeta says in a disbelieving tone and pursed cheeks.

I'm going to tell you right now; I don't like her vibe. I don't like the way she's studying us. I don't like her clipped tone. And I don't like how she's sitting there with a gleam in her eyes like she's ready to catch us in a lie.

"So...how did you two meet?" Geeta asks, snapping me out of my thoughts and forcing me back into this conversation.

But now, instead of surging with waving confidence, I'm a bundle of nerves. Sweat forms on my upper lip as I attempt to remember the story Karan and I agreed upon, but for the life of me, my mind goes blank.

"At the bar," Karan says next to me his hand slowly slipping into mine bringing me back to life.

I stiffen next to him as butterflies erupt in my tummy.

"So how did you two connect then?" Sir asks, seeming more into the story than I initially thought.

I nod slowly and say, "We bonded over dinner, drinks & Harry Potter."

"Harry Potter?" Geeta asks.

"Yup. We were both are huge Potterhead's".

"Aw," Geeta says. "What happened next?"

And right there, I see that I've hooked her. She's no longer sneering in judgment or trying to see through me but rather leaning forward in interest. She's invested.