Part 27 - Confrontation and Confessions

Tejasswi

I'm going to thank Yuvika because there is no way I'd be able to get through the gates of this airport without her calling ahead and making arrangements.

Even at that, as I sit here in the front reception, I have a security guard watching my every move.

I wish I had more time to fix my hair and makeup, but I didn't want to miss Karan. So I went with a fresh face, hair in a high ponytail, and I'm wearing his hoodie and a pair of leggings.

I easily could pass off as a fangirl...hence the security.

As my foot bounces up and down, the door opens, and Prince walks in, followed by Sanaya...and Karan.

I stand from the chair I've been waiting in, and my mouth goes dry as he glances up and spots me. He stutters to a stop as he tries to understand what I'm doing here.

Then, looking so good in a three-piece suit, he walks over to me.

"Hey," I say as a greeting.

"Teju." He sounds breathless. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, well, you said you needed to talk, so here I am."

"I wanted to talk last night," he says.

"I know, but I was, uh, just not up to it."

"Yeah, well, I'm not going to have this conversation here."

Oh God! He did want to break up with me. And here I am, like a freaking fool, thinking that it's something else.

Of course, he doesn't want to break up with me in the middle of the airport reception area. No one wants a crying person in public.

"Right." I try to smile, but my lips tremble, deceiving me. "I get it."

My eyes water. Dammit, Teja, hold it together.

"We can just, uh..." A tear floats down my cheek, and I quickly swipe it away. "We can talk when you get back."

I turn to walk away, but he steps in front of me, his hand on my stomach.

"Teju, wait." He lifts my chin. "Why are you crying?"

"I know..." I clear my throat. "I know you want to end our agreement, okay? I'm just...I'm not handling it well."

I swipe at my eyes again.

"What makes you think that?" he asks.

I look around and notice no one is near us, so I say, "I saw it in your eyes the other day, Karan. You don't want this, and that's okay. I get it. Does it hurt because I really like you? Yes, but it's something I can get over."

I try to walk away again, but he stops me.

"I don't want you to get over it," he says softly. "I don't want you to get over me."

"What?" I ask, surprised.

"Teju." He cups my face and runs his thumb over my tear-soaked cheeks.

"I wanted to talk because...because I don't want this to be an agreement anymore. I want us to be real."

"Really?"

"Yes, but I need to work through some things." He wipes away another tear. "Did you think this whole time I was going to call things off?"

I nod, feeling foolish.

"Teju, come here." He pulls me into his strong chest and wraps his arms around me.

"I'm losing my mind over you. There's no way I could just end it."

I cry into his chest as he holds me.