Part 18 - If that's the way you want it

Karan

I haven't slept well for the past three days.

All thanks to fucking Tejasswi Prakash.

I'm still pissed.

I'm pissed that she didn't tell her boss to fuck off, and I'm even more pissed that she brought up Anusha.

She has no fucking idea about the bullshit I went through with Anusha, so she shouldn't be speaking a word about her.

Water bottle in hand, I walk into the gym, knowing I'm not going to be alone. 

This is fucking ridiculous she's driving me nuts...I'm not even dating the fucking girl.

I should just tell her the deal is off.

I thought this was going to be a good idea, but I was wrong. This is more than I think my mind can handle. I've stayed up until the early morning hours going over our conversation in my head.

She claims she wasn't going to write an exposé, but it almost seemed like she was seeing if I could be okay with it.

Never.

I would never be okay with it.

"Bhai, you, okay?" Paras asks. "You're riding that bike pretty damn hard for a warm-up."

I didn't even realize. I slow down and say, "Looking for a good burn before I get started."

"Brave," he says. "Is Teja excited about going to the sponsorship party tonight?"

"I don't think she's going to attend."

"Oh . . ." He slows down his pace. "Is there something going on? Is that why you've been in a shit mood the last few days?"

Yes.

"No," I answer. "I think she has other plans."

"I see." He pauses. "Bro, are you not bringing her because Anusha will be there? I hate to admit it, but Prince Bhai said he saw how you looked at Anusha at the charity event. He thought it was concerning, like . . . like you were still in love."

I stop my bike.

Anusha will be there tonight?

Fuck.

Why did I think she wouldn't be a part of the event tonight?

Of course, she is.

And then I register what Paras said after that. I hop off the bike.

"I'm not in love with her."

He follows me over to the weight rack, trailing closely. "Are you sure? Teja seems pretty cool, and I don't want you hurting her."

"I'm not going to hurt her," I say as I stack weights for warm-up squats.

"Okay . . . because she seems really adorable."

"She is," I reply.

More adorable than I care to admit.

"And you can do damage to that girl if your head isn't on straight."

"What are you? Her fucking father? Godd, Paras."

"No, but I also know when your head is elsewhere, and that's what's been going on lately. I'm worried you're thinking about Anusha."

"I'm not fucking thinking about her," I shout. "Now get off my back."

He holds up his hands and takes a step back. "I'm just looking out for you."