Part 28 - Sweet Nothings

Karan

K: What are you up to?

T: I'm in class right now, pretending to take notes on my computer. In reality, I'm texting you and looking through an article about the type of work you do.

K: Why read an article when you can ask me?

T: I can't just have one source. It's good to have multiple. Also, I'm bored out of my mind and didn't know what you were doing, so this was an easy thing to do to keep my mind sharp.

K: Keeping your mind sharp should include paying attention in class.

T: Uh-huh, and how often did you pay attention?

K: Often enough.

T: For some reason, I don't buy it. I feel like you fucked around a lot.

K: Nah, I liked learning about history and shit.

********************************

"How are things with Teju?" Prince asks quietly as we sit on the bus, heading back to our hotel.

"Good. I, uh, I told her everything that happened with Anusha."

"How did she handle it?"

"Really well. It felt like a weight was being lifted off my shoulders."

"So, you feel better? You're going for it?"

"Yeah. She makes me feel good. She oddly makes me feel whole."

"That's good, man, I can feel your relief. I feel like you've been carrying around this heavy weight for the past few years, and now it seems like you're not alone in carrying it."

"I'm not," I say as I glance down at her text.

T: Call me when you get to the hotel.

********************************

"Are all your shows this good and popular?" Teju asks as she lies in front of her phone.

She told me she got a tripod to hold her phone so she doesn't have to hold it while she talks to me.

"We're the best, babe. That's what we do."

"Ooo, look at you all cocky."

"You have to be, or else you're eaten alive out there."

"This might be a stupid question, but have you gotten in any fights?"

"More than I can probably remember."

"Well, I don't like that. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"To get hurt, you have to lose the fight. I don't lose."

"You're oddly turning me on."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, but it could also be from sitting here, staring at you without a shirt on. Seriously, Karan, your body is incredible."

"Thanks, babe."

"And I haven't been able to properly explore it the way that I want to." She playfully pouts.

"Whose fault is that?"

"Yours," she says in an accusing tone. "If you had opened up a little sooner, you'd already know what it feels like to be inside me."

"Babe, don't torture me."

"You realize I love sex, right? I love the feeling of an orgasm, and I haven't had many delivered by men. Shivin is the only other guy who's been inside me. And he wasn't super into anything, not even my mouth."