Part 14 - It's all business...or Is It?

Karan

I check my phone and see that breakfast has been delivered, so I sneak out of bed and pad across the floor.

Thankfully, I had them deliver it right to her door. I crack the door open and pick up the bag of pastries and sandwiches, as well as the four coffees I've purchased because I was unsure of her preference.

I quietly shut the door and bring breakfast back to the main room, where I see her sit up in bed and rub her eye.

"Is that coffee I smell?" she asks.

I pause, right there in the middle of the floor, and stare at her. The light from her window shines in, illuminating her from behind. Pieces of her hair have tumbled out of her bun, framing her face, and her shirt that barely covers her sits loosely on her shoulders.

I truly think every crop top she owns is my new favourite shirt because fuck it's hot.

Her eye pops open, and she says, "Uh...you, okay?"

That's when her eyes land on my bare chest, and I watch with satisfaction as they scan me.

From the way my jeans ride very low on my hips, and up my stacked stomach, I've never been happier about my workout routine.

"I'm fine, you?" I ask her.

"Good," she replies quickly.

"Is that, uh . . . is that breakfast?"

"It is."

I walk up to the bed, set the bag on her nightstand, and then check out the coffees.

"I have a vanilla latte, caramel latte, black coffee, and a chai. I didn't know what you would want."

"Caramel please," she says as she reaches out her hand.

I find the latte and hand it to her while I pick up the chai for myself, grateful she didn't choose that one since I really need it.

"What's in the bag?"

I pull out the contents and lay them on the nightstand.

"Sandwiches, pastries, and a muffin. Once again, didn't know what you wanted."

"Sandwich all day, every day," she says while snagging one.

I do the same and then sit next to her. Together we unwrap the sandwiches and take a bite.

"I could get used to this," she says.

"Get used to what?"

"Hand-delivered breakfast in bed by a shirtless guy. Sign me up."

"What do you like more? The shirtless guy or the breakfast?"

"Clearly the breakfast." She smirks.

I playfully bump her shoulder with mine.

"You spill the coffee you clean the sheets. Possibly purchase a new mattress."

"Not a fan of the smell of coffee?" I ask.

"Not in my bed."

I take another bite of my sandwich, then lean my head against her wall.

She turns toward me, legs crossed, sandwich in one hand, coffee in the other.

"I know we've talked about this before, but how much porn do you watch?"

"Probably not as much as the average guy. I don't like the fakeness of it. I prefer to just jack off to images in my head."

"Images of who?" She pauses and then asks, "Anusha?"

"No," I answer honestly. "I can't. She fucked me over, and there is no way I'm going back to that, even if she's gorgeous."