Part 17 - One step forward and Three steps back

Tejasswi

The rest of the dinner was easygoing. We joked around.

He smirked.

I laughed.

And it felt like things were getting back to normal, which I appreciated greatly.

Now that we retreated to the couch, I feel more relaxed and not so stiff.

He seems the same as well.

"What do you do for fun, Karan?"

"Not much," he answers. "Don't have much fun. I'm either working out, shooting, eating, or sleeping."

"Riveting," I respond.

"What about when it's off days? You said you go to your villa in Punjab, right?"

"Yeah, just hang out with the family. Play games, drink beer, nothing out of the ordinary."

"So, you don't have any hobbies?"

"Too busy to have hobbies," he answers.

"That seems boring. You've got to like doing something besides things that coincide with acting."

"Haven't had a chance to explore. I came right out of college with a girlfriend and a dream. I was going to act professionally, so when I wasn't shooting, I focused on Anusha. All my time was taken up with no room to spare."

"I guess that makes sense. Well, is there something you wish you could do? A hobby you wish you could spend more time doing?"

He gives it some thought. "I'd like to cook more. Right now, I have a personal chef who makes my meals and leaves them in my fridge. If I had the energy, I'd ask him to teach me."

"Maybe you should have him teach you a bit."

Karan nods. "Yeah, maybe I will."

"See." I nudge him with my foot. "I'm already changing your life."

He rolls his eyes and then asks, "What about you? What are your hobbies?"

"Well, I love dancing. I do that when I want to blow off steam or just have fun. I also enjoy scrapbooking, but I haven't done it for a bit. I have some catching up to do."

"Scrapbooking with all those tools and shit?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No, I wish I had the room and the money for that, but right now, it's just simple things I find that I like in magazines or pictures that I print out and write a story next to about the picture."

"That's kind of cool. Do you have one for each year?"

"Yeah, pretty much. I started back in school. It was more of a diary at the time. Then I started using pictures with friends, and it formed more into a scrapbook than anything. They're fun to look through because it's like a time capsule in book form."

"Maybe next time I'm at your place, you'll show me."

"Ha!" I shake my head. "No way. You'll make fun of me for the things in those books."

"Like what?"

"Like...whenever I see a donut in a magazine, I have this need to cut them out and paste them because I think they're cute."

"Now I really need to see these."

I nudge him with my foot. "Never."

"We'll see about that."

"Did you ever write in a diary?"

"Does it look like I'm a diary kind of guy?" he asks, looking so hot with the way he raises his brow like that.