Part 23 - Birthday Shenanigans

Tejasswi

As I attempt to leave, but Karan pins me to the car. "You're not going without me."

I roll my eyes.

"Come on, Karan. You don't like dance clubs."

"You don't know that."

"So, you're telling me you'll go to a dance club with me and Nishant and dance?"

"I didn't say I was going to dance, just that I'll go with you."

Well, this ought to be fun. If there is one way to get this man to change his mind about our situation, it's having him watch me dance with other people. I want to make him so jealous that he has no choice but to claim me.

"Okay." I smile. "Let's go."

Karan presses his lips together when he scans me one last time as we head into the club. I can still remember the look on his face in the car when I disrobed from my sweatshirt and showed off my top underneath. I loved every second of it.

When we enter the club, we're directed to a VIP section guarded by bouncers. I've never been in one of the suites that overlooks the entire club, but they're nice.

Nishant turns toward Karan and says, "I need to go to the bathroom to freshen up."

Karan takes a seat on the bench and stretches his arm across the back.

When we make eye contact, he motions with his finger for me to join him, so I do, but instead of taking a seat next to him, I straddle him and sit directly on his lap.

His hands fall to my hips, and he wets his lips as he stares at me.

"You know..." I trail my fingers up his black shirt. "You never actually told me happy birthday."

In probably the most seductive voice I've ever heard, he says, "Happy birthday, Tejasswi."

"That's better," I say while I move my finger to the open part of his shirt.

"So, you invited some of your friends to join us?"

"I did."

"And did you do that so you can touch me without having to hold back?"

His jaw grows tight.

"Because you know, you're free to touch me whenever you want. You don't need people around to do it."

His jaw ticks before he says, "I invited them to fill up the space in here, and I know they'd want to celebrate after the success. Plus, it seemed like Nishant was really interested in Sanaya."

"He is. You should have seen him." I run my finger over Karan's tattoo.

His hand comes up to my rib cage. "Were you going to go out in this without me?"

"Yes," I answer unapologetically. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"I shouldn't," he says, his thumb rubbing along my skin.

"But you do."

"Yeah, I do." His eyes connect with mine, and I just smile at him.

Nishant enters the VIP section along with the server, who drops off our drinks. I hop off Karan's lap and say, "Let's go dance, Nishu."

He glances at Karan almost as if he's looking for permission, but I loop my arm through his and pull him through the curtained area and out onto the dance floor.

"That man is going to eat you up tonight,"

"Doubtful, He won't act on it."

Glancing over my shoulder Nishu says "He's staring you down right now."