Part 15 - Is it a date?

Tejasswi

T: What are you up to?

K: Reading some scripts.

T: So, riveting stuff, huh?

K: Very.

T: Well, I have nothing going on, and it's jabardasti that you don't have anything going on either...we could make some of our story a reality.

K: Why am I now scared?

T: Don't be. But if you're up for it, come pick me up at my room in thirty.

K: So . . . I'm going to have to pick you up? How is that fair? Aren't you the one asking me to do something?

T: It's not fair. See you in thirty, don't be late.

K: Can I at least ask what the hell we're doing?

T: I'll tell you when you pick me up. Now, move...

********************************

"Heyyy" I say as I hop in Karan's car and shut the door.

He's wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a denim long-sleeved jacket with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, as well as a very Karan-like scowl.

"What's with the face?" I ask, pressing my fingers to the furrow in his brow.

"Uh . . . nothing."

"I can see that you're trying to be a grumpy asshole at the moment, so I'm going to give you a good ten seconds to change that attitude before I rip you a new one."

"Okay fine. Just tell me where we're going," he responds on a defeated sigh.

I turn in my seat, plaster a large smile on my face, and say, "The zoo."

His head tilts back and presses against the headrest as he silently says, "Jesus Christ."

I shake his arm. "Come on. It'll be fun."

"And actually, I just remembered I have somewhere I need to be."

"Liar." I push at his shoulder. "It will be my treat. I'll even get you chicken nuggets."

He puts the car in drive.

"Wow, I'm really winning today."

********************************

"Are you really going to be grumpy this whole time?" I ask Karan as I pull him to the side, allowing people to pass us.

"I'm not grumpy," he says, looking down at his zoo map.

"Uh, yes, you are. You barely spoke to me in the car. You grumbled under your breath when I tried to pay, then slapped my hand away, flinging my credit card to the ground..."

"That was an accident."

"And now you're practically trying to insert yourself in that map."

"I'm looking for the tiger section. I like them."

I lift his chin with my finger so he's forced to look at me. "What's the deal?"

His tongue slips over his teeth before he says, "Are we just going to ignore the other day at the sauna...are you trying to break me?"

"That's what you're mad about?"

He grips the back of his neck, causing his bicep to pull at his shirt fabric. "I'm just trying to figure you out. This is platonic, right?"

"Uh...yeah. Why?" I tilt my head to the side. "Oh my God, Karan Kundrra are you falling in love with me?"

"Jesus." He folds the map and puts it in his back pocket while pushing off the fence.