Calabash

The silver monkey rubs his temples, the pain in his head getting worse. "You okay?" Mk asks, gently putting a hand on his brother's back. "I have a headache is all." M/n replies. Mk nods, before looking at his mentor, the sage is still staring at the younger.

The three talk for a while, M/n trying to ignore the pain that's turned from a dull pulse to a sharp throbbing. "Hey, Mk, I think it's time we head home." He says. Mk studies his brother for a second before nodding, "Alright. Sorry, Monkey King, we're going to head out now."

"Why don't you wait for your brother outside, I need to talk with him really quick." Wukong says, giving Mk a smile. He hesitates, but eventually nods, whispering that he'll be right outside to the younger.

Once Mk exits the cave Wukong calls home, his smile falls. "I hope you know who you're dealing with, because if you don't, you will get hurt." He says. The younger simian looks up at the sage standing over him. "What do you mean?"

"His scent is all over you, if you don't know who I mean, you're either dumb or incredibly dense." Wukong squats to be eye level with the younger. M/n huffs, "You and Spider Queen are both playing the pronoun game with me, and I don't appreciate it."

Wukong blinks, confused. "I'm talking about your new 'friend'." He says, doing finger quotes. "You mean Mac? He's an awesome friend. He doesn't talk circles around me as if I'm too stupid to understand. He listens and has been training with me. And I listen to him, even he doesn't always like to tell me something is wrong." M/n says, glaring slightly at the sage.

"Have you even questioned how much you actually know about him?" Wukong calmly asks. "I know that he likes theatre, he prefers drama over any other genre, his favorite fruit is mangoes, he likes to analyze the characters of a show more than actually watching it, he likes things that intrige him because he likes to find out how they work, and I know that he enjoys my company. If there's anything I don't know, he'll tell me when he's ready." The silver simian rants, standing up.

Wukong watches as the younger storms out, small sparks zipping through his fur. He sighs, knowing that the silver primate has no idea what Macaque is actually like, he's manipulative, cunning, and won't hesitate to use someone to get what he wants.

The brothers make their way home, Mk wisely deciding not to ask what the two monkey's talked about upon seeing the flashes of light in his brother's fur. M/n storms up to their shared apartment, mbling something to himself. Mk decides to give the younger his space and starts on deliveries.

"Who does he think he is? Staring at me like a fucking creep every time we interact, then trying to scold me on who I make friends with?! Stupid fucking-" he cuts his sentence off and hugs his octopus, sitting on his bed. "I don't know everything about Macaque, so what? If he wants to tell me he will and I won't force him to if he's not ready. Besides, I don't think you can know everything about a person. There are somethings people don't even know about themselves. But it doesn't matter, he's my friend and I know the important things." He says to the little plush.

His anger fades and reminds him of his headache, making him groan and get up to grab the ibuprofen. He takes two and goes to lay down. It doesn't take long for him to fall asleep.

He's running, he can't make anything out in the dark except for the branches that scrape his skin. His breathing becomes laboured and his legs are screaming at him to stop. Everytime he slows down, something urges him to move faster, that something is coming and he needs to get away. He trips, twisting his ankle. He tries to crawl, but he's too slow, he turns to look at the thing hunting him.

The simian jolts up, breathing heavily. He looks around his room as his heart settles. It's been a long time since he's had a nightmare, the contents fading from his memory. He takes a deep breath and looks at the time. It's 10 am and he's late. The simian rushes to get ready, wondering why Mk didn't wake him up. He knocks on his brother's door, but receives no reply.

He opens the door carefully in case his brother is still sleeping. Mk's bed is made, which immediately makes the monkey suspicious. Mk makes his bed right before a shift, which means Mk never even slept in it last night.

M/n goes downstairs, asking if Pigsy has seen Mk. Pigsy yells at the simian about how Mk's been slacking off all morning. "Well, Mk didn't even sleep in his bed. What was his last delivery yesterday? Maybe they saw him or saw what happened to him." M/n says, tail flicking in worry.

Pigsy writes the address down and the monkey heads over. It's a run down building with a hole from a missing tile. He can hear two people inside, yelling at each other. He knocks on the door and the yelling stops. The door opens slightly and a voice asks, "Who is it?"

"Hi, I'm looking for my brother, this is the last place he was supposed to deliver to last night, I was wondering if you saw him?" The monkey responds, trying to listen for Mk. "Stupid, we forgot his brother." He hears one of the voices say.

"How about this, you give me my brother and I don't have to kick your asses?" The monkey says, grabbing the door heard enough that the wood splinters. He hears the two hurry away from the door. He pushes the door open, seeing a silver haired blue demon and a yellow haired orange demon.

The two have a giant book open on the table next to a strange looking jar. They grab the jar and move to run out of a window, but an arc of lightning stops them. "That's not a wise decision. Now, where's my brother?" The simian's smile is threatening.

The two demons glances at each other and then back to M/n. "Don't think we caught your name?" One of them asks.
"You're not getting it. So, why don't you both hand it over and I don't make demon shishkabob for breakfast." The monkey holds his hand out, tail swing side to side in agitation. The blue and silver demon, seemingly the smarter of the two, places the jar in his outstretched hand before shoving the other demon out the window, closely following him.

The monkey sighs and speaks into the calabash, "Mk, you're in some kind of artifact. Can you hear me?" The monkey faintly hears Mk, "Oh Gods, let me out."
"Hey, see if you can break yourself out with the staff." The silver simian tries to see if he can figure out how to get Mk out himself while Mk goes looking for Monkey King's staff. He sighs again in frustration before the jar shakes.

M/n quickly puts the jar down just for it to explode. Mk sees his brother and shakes him, "Please don't tell me everything is perfect." The monkey gently grabs his brother's wrists and removes them. "Everything is definitely not perfect. Starting with your mentor, he pissed me off by trying to scold me on who I make friends with yesterday." The simian huffs.

Mk sighs in relief. "Thank you for getting me out of there. All day, everyone was following me around saying everything was perfect. The weirdest thing is the Mei and I went on this romantic cruise thing and she said she loves me." Mk's rambling about everything that happened while he was stuck as the two head home.

"Well, it's a good thing none of it was real, right?" The monkey asks. He feels Mk nod into his back. The two enter the shop and Pigsy starts fussing over them in his own, gruff way. The simian explains about the two demons and how he intimidated them into escaping via the window before Mk says, "I'm glad you're all not perfect." The monkey groans and tries to diffuse the situation, faintly hearing Mk say, "Perfect," under his breath. The simian smiles at his brother, silently agreeing.