Macaque

The next week is oddly calm for the group. It makes the simian nervous, jumping at most loud sounds. His family notices him sticking closer to them and checking every corner in the shop and house before locking up or going to bed.

Mk decides to speak up about it first, "Hey, we've noticed that you've been more cautious and worried lately, are you okay?" The monkey sighs, tail and right set of ears twitching. "I have this feeling that something bad is coming, Macaque is nowhere to be found, and that lady's words keep replaying in my mind. It's been effecting my sleep too, I keep having this nightmare." He says, sitting on the couch.

"I'm running through a forest, though sometimes it's a city, and there's something chasing me. I always trip, the thing laughing in a bone chilling, echoey voice. And no matter how much I try, I can't see it. I can't escape or find you guys and I wake up sparking, the mirrors activated on my hands." The simian rubs his eyes, trying to think if he can remember anything else from the disturbing dream.

Mk gives his brother a side hug, rubbing the silver simian's arm. "Hey, it's okay. No matter what, we'll get through it. I'll admit, it's a little weird that we haven't heard from DBK or his family since the key, but maybe you're stressing yourself out over nothing. You need sleep, I'll cover your shift." He says, laying the simian down on the couch.

M/n sighs again, before getting up and checking the windows and door, making sure everything is locked. He even checks the window in the bathroom, even though it's too small for most people to get in through. Mk gently but firmly pushes his brother to lay down on the couch, grabbing a blanket and setting it over him. "Sleep, everything is fine." M/n huffs and closes his eyes. The exhaustion quickly sets in, forcing the monkey into a shallow sleep.

M/n wakes up five hours later, a cold sweat causing his fur to stick to his face. He does a quick sweep of the room with his eyes, ears perked to catch any noise. He sighs, not hearing or seeing anything. He stays sitting with the blanket curled around his shoulders. He checks the time, seeing that it's just after 10 pm.

He frowns before getting up from the couch and taking a shower. After the simian finishes drying himself off he changes into his smaller form and quietly sneaks into his brother's room, curling up at his side and watching for anything for the rest of the night.

The next morning the monkey sneaks out of Mk's room before he wakes up. The silver simian makes himself some strong coffee and goes downstairs to start his shift. Mk enters the shop a couple of hours later to see his brother making some coffee. He watches as the simian rubs his eye and yawns.

"Did you not sleep like I told you too?" Mk asks, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "I did, just not for very long." The simian avoids his brother's gaze. Pigsy hears the conversation and scolds the younger of the two. Tang makes an appearance in the middle of the scolding, and joins in after he gets caught up on the situation.

"I know I need to sleep more, but honestly, the mere idea of sleeping is staring to scare me." His voice gets quieter as he speaks, ears nervously flicking. His dad, Tang, sighs and puts his hand out for the monkey, who takes it. Tang gently rubs his thumb across the monkey's knuckles.

"I know that after the crazy events we've been through it can be hard to stay calm, but you've got people you can rely on. Don't ever forget that, please." He says softly. The monkey nods before he hears something outside. His head turns to the door before a familiar fire demon walks in.

The shop is silent for a moment before chaos erupts, Pigsy and Tang yelling at him, Mk brings out his staff, preparing for another possible fight. The only calm ones are M/n and Red son. "Calm down, I'm only here for him." He says, pointing at the silver monkey.