X

"Lia

"Lia."

Cordelia's eyes snapped open at the calling, her half expecting to be back in her small bed at home, and to see her sister leaning against the doorway just waiting to let her brother in.

"Mira?" She mumbled half asleep.

A knock sounded and she jolted into a more concious state, jumping out of bed and rushing to the gold handle as fast as she could.

"There you are," Finnick smiled kindly, "you overslept and you've almost missed breakfast, Reno was starting to worry you know him."

Her face dropped and her eyes sunk to the floor.

"Are you alright," She looked back up to Finnick, nodding her head tiredly, "okay, come on then, Caspian and Crystall will be here shortly and you need to eat something before you leave."

His eyes looked to her hair, him letting out a light laugh when he smoothed down some of the frizzy bits. His smile faded when he looked back to her face. She was exhausted, as well as something he couldn't quite work out.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked again.

"I'm fine," Cordelia assured, "I just- when you called my name, you sounded like my sister. I think I was just, still half asleep."

She chuckled to shrug off how sad it sounded. Finnick switching his gaze to the ground for a moment. He wasn't sure what to say, half of him wanting to make a joke.

"Can we go eat now, before I do something stupid like cry again? I don't even know how that happened one time to be honest. Something in you makes me want to be honest with myself, it's so strange."

He laughed lightly at her rambling, before guiding her forward by gently pressing against her back.

"Of course, I made you a plate before I came to wake you."

Cordelia rolled her eyes and shook her head, her smile selling her out completely. She took a seat at the long table, everyone else conversing over their empty plates.

"I just grabbed you some fish and some toast, as well as some fruit," Finnick explained, taking the seat next to her, "thought you might appreciate the touch of home?"

"Thank you." She nodded gratefully.

"No problem, now go ahead and eat, I don't want you to be hungry for the day."

"You're only a year older than me, you don't have to act like such a dad." She shook her head, stealing a bite of the food to put him at ease.

"Are we gonna talk about the interviews or, are we supposed to just wing the whole thing?" Christian wondered from the other end of the dining table.

"You definitely won't want to wing it," Hannah chuckled, "just remember everything we talked about over dinner, and you'll be fine."

"Don't worry Christian, it's not like any prepartion could save you from making an absolute fool out of yourself anyway."