XIV

Finnick grabbed the remote, turning the tv off before rubbing his face from exhaustion.

He had been watching Cordelia every single chance he got, often leaving out the opportunity for food or any of the duties he was meant to be fufilling outside of his Capitol residence. He pushed himself off of the purple couch and stumbled to his bathroom, showering for the first time since the day before she left. He let the hot water run over him, his brain racing with a worry that he couldn't seem to shake, bringing him to the understanding that the only way he'd feel even slightly at ease again, would be for her to come home. He moved sluggishly through his routine, washing the odor off of his body with a coconut body soap, before moving to his shampoo and conditioner. He turned the water off after rinsing off, stepping out and wrapping one of his navy blue towels loosely around his waist to cross the hallway and  into his bedroom for clothes to wear for the day. He opted for a loosely buttoned, thin fabriced white long sleeve, as well as a pair of kahki pants. Finnick finished off the look with a couple of shell necklaces that he had gotten at his home district's market.

He ruffled his towel through his dirty blonde locks as he walked through the kitchen of the apartment he stayed in during his time in the city, crinkling his eyebrows at the sight of the white envelope laid neatly on the marble countertop. His heart rate quickened at the familiar scent, the white rose left next to the letter cluing him into the fact that he was being called to speak with the president himself, immediately. Wanting nothing more than to slump back into the velvet couch cushions, Finnick let out a sigh, trying to mentally prepare for the attention he'd pull on the streets. He did just that, multiple people, both women and men, throwing their advances his way, offering him various forms of compensation in return. He was almost to the gates of Snow's mansion when a certain woman aproached him, her baby pink hair pulled back into a beautiful style and her milk shaded skin smoothed out perfectly. She carried herself with an obvious confidence, swaying her hips enough for any eyes to follow her tall thin frame.

"Finnick Odair." Her voice was silky as it flowed past her pink, surgecially plumpened lips.

She moved through a small crowd of people watching the games like a snake zoning in on it's next meal.

"Aleesia," Finnick forced a flirty smirk, taking the woman's soft manicured hand and giving it a peck, warranting her platnium eyebrows to raise seductively, "how are you my love?"

"I'm well," She said confidently, "although, I can't say I don't miss the pleasure of your company."

He kept his hand in her's, chuckling charmingly with the goal of keeping up appearances. He had assumed that he already had Snow upset and he knew he couldn't put off his end of the bargain for much longer without someone having to pay the price.

"I would absolutely adore to set something up with you, if only you could help me get something to my tribute?"

"You'd like me to sponsor," Aleesia tilted her head slightly, "is that really all?"

"Well I'm a reasonable man after all. Listen, I really must be going," He explained, flickering his eyes to her lips with a false sense of desire, "I have a meeting to be in, think about my offer though, I won't make it again."

"I don't need to think about it, if you help me I'd be more than happy to help you," Aleessia teased softly, a smirk hanging on her lips, "though I must say, I do love a man that holds power."

He fought the urge to shake his head. To ball up on the floor in a fit of hysterical laughter. If only she knew how truly little power he held over even himself, let alone anyone else. The very exchange was enough to explain but, only for the zero people who read further into it.