XI

"So tell me dear about this gown."

Caesar grinned at the tribute beside him, excited for her response.

Cordelia looked out into the crowd, feeling a sense of comfort when she met Caspian's eyes with her own.

"It's gorgeous isn't it," She chuckled charmingly, warranting the crowd to follow along with small cheers of agreement, "I can't take any credit though, this was all the work of my wondeful stylist Caspian."

"Very humble of a girl you are." Caesar said encouragingly.

"Well I appreciate the people who have helped me get ready for these games. From my prep team, to my mentor," She shared a look with Finnick, the wink he sent her making her smile more genuinely, "I'd be lost without them. Actually, I think we'd all be lost without the people here helping us out after all it's not like we're necessarily experienced in this sort of thing."

The crowd laughed at her joke, filling her with a slight relief. They seemed to be taking to her well enough and she knew that's what was most important.

"Very true, very true," Caesar laughed along, "how have you been enjoying the Capitol?"

"It's nice, I've really been enjoying it." She nodded.

"What would you say you've enjoyed most?" The host wondered, tilting his head curiously.

How had she been enjoying the Capitol? Cordelia found herself having to dig deeper for her answer. She once again settled for humor.

"The beds are bigger here." She said, faking a genuity that made the audience laugh even harder than they already would've.

Casear threw his head back, cackling loudly enough the make her chuckle at the sound, "The beds? Oh Ms.Stone you truly are a treasure."

"Is that so?" Cordelia smiled curiously, prompting the man to nod eagerly.

"Isn't she folks, isn't she wonderful," The crowd screamed in agreement, bringing a tint to her face, "beautiful as well! And your score of eleven is certainly something to talk about too!"

"My team has started calling me their siren," Cordelia said, faking a sense of pride over the whole situation, "they're known for their beauty and their deadliness."

"Interesting," His eyebrows crinkled, "actually I love it! You've absolutely been unstoppable in a sense and your score has surely posed you as a dangerous threat. You've certainly won over the crowd, hasn't she?"

More cheers.

"Stop it Caesar, you have me blushing," She said charmingly, "but yes, the Capitol has been - far different from district four in many ways and I honestly didn't expect such a warm welcome."

"Well we are very happy to have you, our beautiful siren," Caesar said warmly, pulling another round of cheers, "and I do want to touch more on your home district. What's it like in four?"

Cordelia smiled brightly, being the first genuine one she had given off throughout her entire interview.

"It's beautiful there, it truly is," She said in awe of the memories pouring into her head of the place she loved to call home, "the people, the food, my favorite part of the day is taking my brother to the shoreline to collect shells in the morning. I must say that I've been overwhlemed at the welcoming I've recieved here but, I do miss my home dearly."

The audience ahead of them cooed emotionally.

"Aw yes, I didn't know that you had a brother!" Caesar pressed.

"Yes, he's ten." Cordelia smiled nervously.

"Wonderful, wonderful," The bright haired man widened his grin, leaning forward and patting Cordelia's covered knee, "and I did know that you have a sister. Of course we've had a more than fair share of volunteers out of Four but, am I right in assuming that you volunteered specifically for her?"