You give me fever

"Memphis. Home of the rhythm and blues," I smiled when we drove by the stores in Beale Street.

"Yeah yeah," Dallas muttered. I could tell he was bothered by the fact that I was so interested in everything that had to do with my celebrity crushes. He drove faster and turned to the right. Steve and Evie had been following us all the way. We could see the lights of Steve's car right behind us.

Dally and Steve parked in a parking lot not very far from some kind of poor-looking small hotel. We got out of the car and started making our way to the building.

"Was it your idea to first take me to see Beale Street?" I teased Dally.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Just a coincidence," he answered in a low deep voice. I didn't know if I should believe him or not. I let it go.

Steve and Evie were walking together in front of us, holding hands at the same time their bodies swung to the sides because of the multiple kinds of music that arrived at our ears as we walked by. They were almost dancing in the middle of the sidewalk.

Beale Street was great to me. Colored people filled every single empty space left in the clubs, trying to make their ways through big crowds which moved to the rhythm of the music. I liked that a lot. It was a whole lot better than sneaking in the theater to see a musical play; Beale Street was like a fair all day and night long.

We walked in the building with our stuff and, while Steve took charge of the money issue, we went up the stairs to our rooms. The moment Dallas opened our door, I threw my backpack and ran and jumped on the bed, falling on the blankets and wishing to get some sleep before the night turned into day once again.

Dally crawled by my side and started taking off all of his clothes. When he finished, he started taking off mine too. I let him do it, but I was so tired I didn't think I would be able to show the same energy I had the day we made out by the lake.

"Hey, princess," he said biting my ear and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hmm," I grumbled with my eyes closed.

"Ready for some action?" he asked, brushing my hair out of my face and kissing my forehead. "C'mon, doll."

I opened my eyes and tilted my head to the side. "I'm tired, baby."

"Man, you told me you wanted make out tonight. I been waitin' for this," he said.

"A promise is a promise," I nodded. I sat up on his stomach and leaned in, making our lips met. I pushed his chest against the bed with my hands and his hands went down to my thighs.

He groaned and held me tight. "Go on, doll. Go," he whispered a few times.

"You brought 'em?" I asked him while I stroked his hair.

One of his hands went to the inside of his jeans back pocket. He took a bunch of brand-new condoms out and threw them on the bed. He started opening one. "Enough, huh?" he smirked.

"Oh yeah," I chuckled, running my fingers down and up his biceps.

Suddenly someone knocked on our door. Dally and I stopped what we were doing and stared at each other in silence.

Dally said "We're busy here, man."

It was Steve's voice the one which we then heard. "I know right, sex god. Gimme one of yours. I forgot." Dallas and I chuckled. "Hey, I can hear you both laughing. Gimme me just one, bud. Evie is waiting."

"Fuck, man," Dally grumbled, taking another one. He stood up and handed it to Steve. "Now go away."

"I'm going, babe," we heard Steve running in their room and slamming the door shut.